[16] Freddie Mercury Imagine 9

Imagine accompanying Freddie Mercury to a party. As the two of you were at the bar to get a drink, you heard a familiar voice behind you. 

"Y/N? Is that really you? Wow, you look amazing!" 

You turned around to see a former classmate and friend standing in front of you. "Hey! What are you doing here?" You grinned at him and pulled him into a hug. "You look great yourself. So what have you been up to?" 

You spent the majority of the evening catching up with your friend, reminiscing over childhood memories. You also introduced your old friend to Freddie, but he soon left you alone, disappearing in the crowd. It was safe to say you had a good time with your old friend that evening and you were disappointed when he announced to you that he had to leave. You exchanged phone numbers and addresses, before he hugged you once more and left you standing alone at the bar. 

You smiled and downed what was left of your drink, before you got up and went to find your boyfriend Freddie. You wandered around the place a little, talking to random people you knew here and there, but not actually finding Freddie. You started to get worried and began asking people whether they had seen him, but no one had. You opened every door that was available, running into some awkward situations from time to time, involving mostly two naked people. 

At last, you checked the garden, where you found Freddie, sitting on a bench and sulking. "Freddie! Oh god, there you are, I was worried! Are you alright?" 

He didn't even look up when he heard you speak, he just shook his head. "Glad to see you remember my name." 

You furrowed your eyebrows. "What are you talking about?" 

He scoffed. "Like you don't know. Where's your lovely little friend?" 

You shook your head. "What are you talking about? He had to leave, pick up his fiancée, why? Freddie, talk to me." 

He looked at you. You were able to see that his eyes were full of hurt and anger. "So, what did you talk about? Did you tell him you have a boyfriend?" 

You scoffed. "Freddie, are you even listening to yourself? I introduced you to him, for god's sake. You talked to him. Why are you doing this?" 

He got up and threw his hands in the air. "Why I am doing this? Why did you do this to me? As soon as we get here, you abandon me and ignore me for the rest of the evening. And why? Because of some guy you used to know. I'm surprised you didn't go home with him." 

You shook your head and stared at your boyfriend, not quite believing what he said. "I didn't do anything. I didn't wanna come here in the first place, but I came because I love you. I fucking love you, don't even ask me why, but I do. That's why I came here with you. That guy, he used to be a very good friend and I haven't seen him in years. Don't you think talking to him for a few hours is fine? I was just glad that I don't have to sit in a corner and listen to you talking to friends, instead I had my own friend to talk to. You have absolutely no right to be talking to me like this, Freddie. See who accompanies you to the next party." You turned around and left him, wanting to look for someone to give you a ride home, but you didn't get far. 

Freddie had come after you and took a hold of your arm. "You love me? Do – did you mean that?" 

You stared at him disbelievingly. "That's what you wanna talk about? You basically just accused me of cheating, Freddie." 

He looked at you pleadingly. "I'm sorry. Believe me, I am so sorry. I just... He knows you much longer, and I could tell he's not bad looking, certainly much better looking than me, I mean look at me. Why wouldn't you rather wanna go with him? I just lost it for a minute. I'm sorry. But I love you too, believe me, otherwise I wouldn't have said what I just said. Please don't leave me, Y/N." 

You could tell he was really sorry and what he said about himself nearly broke your heart and you threw yourself in his arms. "I'm sorry, Freddie. Please don't think that about yourself. I love you, I really do. You are much more handsome than he could ever be, love. Besides, I recall that I mentioned he was engaged?" You could see him blush, which made you chuckle. 

"I'm sorry, Y/N. God, I am so embarrassed, you have no idea. Can you forgive me for being an insecure ass?" 

You smiled and pressed your lips to his cheek. "Only if you promise to never do that again. I could never cheat on you or leave you, Freddie. Are we okay now?" 

He nodded and hugged you close to him. "Of course we are. Thank you for forgiving me. Do you wanna go home?" 

You nodded and pecked his cheek.