[76] Brian May Imagine - Acquaintance with Consequences 1

I wanted to thank you for the sweet comments on the last update, it means a lot! I know I say that a lot but it is the best motivation. After a bit of a low inspiration-wise, I finally felt like going through all my drafts and polish them up and even finish a couple of them, so as promised here is the next update a lot sooner, as a thank you. Those comments mean a lot, because in the end I'm writing these things for you to enjoy, and hearing that you do enjoy them is a big reward, so keep the feedback coming and I'll keep the updates coming!

- - - - -

It was typical. I had literally just stepped into the shower, under the lovely warm water after a long day, a long week, I wanted to relax a little and then of course the doorbell rang. So annoying. Whoever that was, I decided to ignore him or her. They would simply have to come back another time. I closed my eyes and let the warm water wash away the sorrows of my daily life.

At least I tried, because whoever was at my door didn't go away, they rang the doorbell again - and again. With a heavy and slightly annoyed sigh I turned off the water, grabbed my towel and quickly dried off a little before I wrapped it around my hair and put on my bathrobe. Not entirely happy I got out of the shower and walked to the front door of my very small flat and opened it.

What - or rather who I encountered wasn't who I expected to be honest. "Brian," I said surprised. "What are you doing here?"

He seemed a bit nervous, he was fidgeting on the spot and looked me up and down, his cheeks turning slightly rosy. "W-Were you taking a shower?"

I looked down on myself and raised my eyebrows. "No actually, I run around like this for fun," I told him, my voice dripping with sarcasm. That was a bit of an unnecessary question.

"Oh, Lenka, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt, but I saw the light in your flat and .. uhm.." He was fiddling with his hand and looked over his shoulder. All in all he was behaving a little odd.

"Is everything alright?" I asked, pulling my bathrobe a little tighter around myself. "You're not being followed by anyone, are you? What brings you here? Do you want to come in?"

"Uhm... normally I'd say no, but in this case I would really appreciate it, yes.." He smiled apologetically at me and stepped a little closer.

Shrugging, I stepped aside. "Sure, come in. But then you have to tell me what's wrong, okay? I'm a little worried."

"Okay.. thank you, Lenka, I really appreciate it." He smiled apologetically again and stepped inside my flat.

"Do you want something to drink?" I asked him, clearing a few things off my small couch.

He shook his head. "No, uhm... actually maybe yes, a glass of water would be nice if it's not too much trouble. I'm really sorry that I just showed up like this..."

I went to get him a glass and shook my head. "No, don't worry, it's okay. I told you that if you ever need someone, I'm here for you." I joined him on the couch and gave him the glass. "So what's the matter?"

Brian took a sip of water and looked me up and down. "Don't you want to get dressed first?"

I smiled and shrugged. "I'm fine. Besides, there's nothing you haven't seen before," I told him.

It was true, but he still blushed and averted his eyes. "Yes, but..."

I chuckled and got up again. "I'll get dressed if that helps you to focus, don't worry." He was pretty cute, no one could deny that. I hadn't had many one night stands, Brian was one of the few in the past couple of years, he was the most recent one and actually the only one ever I didn't regret. It had been the most spontaneous decision I had made in a long time, and the best one. Not only because the night had been a very fun one, but also because he wasn't an ass about it and I could talk to him like a civilised person.