[74] July 12th, 1986 - Part 3

"Name?" The security guard questioned in a monotonous voice.

"Uhm," I cleared my throat and reached for the strap of my handbag. "Dobson, Anita Dobson."

He looked through his list before he nodded. "Yes, Miss Dobson, please go ahead," he instructed me before he stepped aside and let me in.

"Oh wow," I muttered. I hadn't been to this place before but I wish I had because it was beautiful. It certainly seemed like an appropriate location for one of Queen's legendary parties. I was more than ready for this, this would be fun, I could already tell.

There were lots of people here, some I had never seen before, some I recognised. But I didn't stop to talk to anyone because I wanted to see where Brian was. I wanted to let him know I was here. But before I could do that I had to find him of course. The only question was where was he? I was determined to find him.

However, that proved to be a little more difficult that I had initially assumed because this was such a big place and there were so many people here. I didn't even have to go far before I encountered the first weird things - things that I had heard about but hadn't thought they were actually true, such as very very short men serving me food that they were balancing on their heads. The food was good, despite the unconventional serving method, and I figured I probably shouldn't start questioning things like that if I didn't want to spend the entire night like that.

I was wandering around the location for a few minutes but I couldn't spot him anywhere which was surprising because he was very tall with a lot of hair, I always figured he would be easy to pick out in a crowd. But nothing, at least not until when I returned inside someone turned down the music and tapped on a microphone, that sound was very distinguishable.

"Good evening, everyone. On behalf of the hosts, I invite you to empty the bar, take off your clothes, and have a good time. Now, please welcome Dicky Hart and the Pacemakers," a guy I didn't know announced and stepped aside before a very familiar man took the microphone. Brian had mentioned that they would be playing but I was still surprised to see Freddie taking the microphone. You'd think that after such a concert - nearing the end of their tour - they'd be fed up with music, but no. Actually it was really nice to see this because it showed they loved what they did and that was always good.

They put on a great show, really. They didn't need a huge stage, they were having fun and it was easy to tell. And they looked incredible. Especially one of them. I know I shouldn't have been thinking that but ... he looked so handsome in his jeans and white shirt that he didn't button all the way up. He looked so good and he was having a lot of fun and watching him could only make you happy. He was adorable.

But... - as I was reminded by someone appearing in my field of view not just once - he was married, he had a family. But that didn't mean I couldn't still admire how gorgeous he was, how beautiful he looked when he played, immersed in doing something he loved. I sighed a little before I made my way over to the bar to get a drink. With a glass in my hand I managed to find a good spot again to watch the rest of their set, and I wasn't disappointed. They put on a really great show, they were fantastic.

But eventually they ended their set, which was only fair if you asked me because they probably wanted to join their party. Of course there was still music after they had stopped playing, but not live anymore. And with nothing to look at anymore I figured I could mingle a little, see if I run into someone I knew - and if not, meet some new people. That was always fun.

And it was, they did not disappoint. The drink were good, and the people were fun, I got a picture taken with a few people and then... well then I got stopped by someone very familiar.

"Anita, you made it," he said - shouted - stopping me from disappearing into the crowd by placing his hand on my arm.

I turned around, smiling because I couldn't stop myself. "Yes," I replied. "I did. I promised I would."