[107] Brian May Imagine - Cheating Ex Pt 2

"Have you had dinner yet? I don't have much, I made pasta earlier and there's a bit left over that you could have."

"Plain pasta?" I asked him.

He shrugged. "Well... I don't really have much." He seemed a little embarrassed. "I added a little bit of butter so it's not as boring and sticky."

"That's fine, don't worry," I told him. "I don't have very high standards. At this point I'm just happy if you don't sleep with my be- my ex-best friend..."

"That won't ever happen," he assured me surprisingly confidently. "If I'm honest, you're far more beautiful than she is, if I were to sleep with one of you it would be you," he said before he paused and looked at me, his cheeks turning slightly pink. "I mean - I ... uhm, that was supposed to be a compliment, which didn't turn out as well as I had hoped," he said, making me smile.

"Don't worry, I understood it as a compliment. It's a slightly strange compliment, but thank you. Right now, that is wonderful to hear."

"Good," he said with a smile. "So, I'll go get you the pasta? And would you like something to drink?"

"I'll take some water, if that's no trouble. Do you need a hand?" I asked, starting to get up.

"No, you stay seated, I'll get everything. Just relax, okay? If you want to, you can look at the room and unpack, but if not, then just stay seated."

"I'll have a look at the room, if that's okay," I said and took my bag. Brian nodded, so I went into the short hallway to where I knew his spare room was. I had never been in there, because there hadn't been a reason to, but now I was grateful that it was there.

The door opened quietly, and revealed a small, but neat room. There was a bed, a wardrobe and a small desk in there, ready for someone to move in. That someone would now be me. I didn't really have very much to unpack, but I placed my bag on the bed and took out my pillow, so I could place the few clothes I had brought in the wardrobe. Hopefully this would start to feel like home very soon. I took a deep breath and sat on the bed once everything was put away. What a day. Not only had work been crazy, what happened afterwards was even more crazy. Here I was, in a temporary home, and very suddenly single. I couldn't say that I liked the way things had developed, but maybe it was for the best. Maybe it was better for me if I was no longer involved with people like them.

There was a quiet knock on the door before Brian glanced inside. "Everything alright? Considering the situation at least.."

"I suppose, yes," I replied, smiling a little. "The room is nice, it's just the people that still upset me."

"I get that, and that's okay. You have a good reason to be upset. You can hide away in here for as long as you like. I'll give you some privacy if you want," he offered. He really was wonderful.

But I shook my head. "No, it's okay. I think your company will be good. You're wonderful, it's just them that I'm upset with. Did you manage to reheat the pasta? If not that's fine, I'll just eat it cold because I am hungry."

"No, it's warm now, come on," he said, holding out his hand. "You can eat in the living room and I'll put on some music, if you'd prefer not to have it so quiet."

"That sounds good," I told him, taking his hand to pull myself up. It was better to be in company, otherwise I probably wouldn't have done anything for a while. Breakups were terrible. This one wasn't bad because I missed Nick, but because I was upset over all this time I had wasted with him. And I was upset about Claire and what a conniving bitch she had been all this time. Who knew how long this had been going on for... I preferred not to know.