[49] Brian May Imagine - The Meteors 3

Luckily it had been dry the days before, so the field wasn't muddy. We walked a few metres until Brian decided that the spot was good, so I tried to let everything drop into the field gently, without letting something break. I couldn't see all that much but Brian seemed to do the same. I unfolded the blankets while Brian started to set up his small telescope before I sat down on one of the blankets and simply watched him in the dim light of the torch. He was so handsome in everything he did, I didn't understand how he managed that.

He was quick with setting up the telescope and turned around, smiling a little at me. "Alright, I'm done... may I?" He asked, gesturing to the blanket I was sitting on.

"Uhm.." I glanced to where he was pointing. "Sure... I brought a second one in case you want your own, but feel free to sit here, sure."

"Oh... it's okay if you don't want that, I'll sit on the other blanket. I just didn't want to make it awkward by sitting too far away, but I respect your space." He started sitting down, but luckily my brain and mouth reacted fast enough.

"No, no, you can sit here, sorry, I just didn't want to make you uncomfortable."

He paused in his motion and glanced at me. "You sure?" I nodded quickly, so he straightened up again, nodding too. "Alright... we can just.. use the second one to keep warm?" He suggested, making me smile.

"That sounds good, yes." I moved to the side a little so he'd have a bit more space and when he had picked up the second blanket he joined me.

"Do you have enough space?" He asked as he spread out the second blanket on top of us.

"I do, yeah. Do you want a snack or something to drink?" I asked, remembering my manners.

"Not just yet, thanks though. Do you just want to lie back and let our eyes get used to the darkness?"

I nodded a little, even though he couldn't see that. "That sounds like a good plan. If I fall asleep please wake me up again. I took a nap earlier but I know myself."

Brian chuckled a little. "Alright, me too. Let's hope we don't both fall asleep."

I smiled and nodded. "Yeah, that wouldn't be good. What time is it?"

Brian pushed his sleeve up and tried to read his watch in the dim light of the small torch we had left on. "About half past ten. So we still have a lot of time. We're really lucky that it's new moon tonight, that means we get the best possible view."

"As if someone planned this," I agreed, pulling the blanket a little closer around me.

Brian hummed a little, staying still on his spot. "It's nice though. Thanks for staying here with me and not insisting on trying to find the others."

"Of course," I assured him. "It would have been pointless trying to do that. I didn't even know that going to another spot was planned so if you hadn't told me that I would probably still try to find the correct place to go." We sat in the grass in silence for a few minutes, I was raking my brain to find something to talk about but there was nothing. Nothing, nothing was there to talk about with him, no matter how hard I was trying to come up with something.

"So... we still have a few hours to kill, so... maybe - if you don't mind of course - we could get to know each other a little better? But don't feel pressured to say yes, it's okay if you'd rather sit here in silence, don't worry."

Oh dear. I wouldn't mind sitting in silence because that way there was less danger that I would end up making a foold of myself, but that would be incredibly awkward so we probably should talk more which would probably also be awkward. I had the chance to learn more about the guy I had a crush on which was wonderful but that meant my crush would learn more about me which was a terrible idea. It wasn't a win-win sitaution, it was a lose-lose situation.