27. Certain Things

"Something about you, it's like an addiction. Hit me with your best shot, honey. I've got no reason to doubt you, 'cause some things hurt and you're my only virtue... And I'm virtually yours."

Song: Certain Things

Artist: James Arthur

(PLEASE listen to it because it really, really adds to the chapter!)

I could feel my heart warming, the stirrings of it attempting to put itself back together already starting as Harry ran his thumbs across my cheeks. My lips burned from when he had kissed me, the gentle touch of his to mine shocking me back to life as I realized just how much I had missed him. I had been so distracted by ache in my chest that I'd neglected to embrace my physical need for him, which was so apparent now I wondered how I possibly could have missed it.

His eyes glowed happily as he looked down at me, the hollow emptiness that had momentarily been held in them wiped clean for the time being. My hands gripped his shirt tightly as I pushed my body against his, needing to be as close to him as possible after what had felt like ages without him. It was like his gentle touch was slowly soothing the cracks that had formed in my heart after only seconds of giving in to him.

"I'm sorry, Hal," he whispered, his voice gentler than I'd ever heard it.

"I know," I whispered back, leaning my face into his hand. His head was ducked down so he was as close as possible, his gaze burning so strongly into mine I could feel it in my toes. My breathing kept catching in my throat, the intensity of the regret apparent in his eyes making my heartache. Yes, I had come back to him, but this was nowhere near resolved.

His eyes flicked back and forth between my own again, as if unsure if I was really standing here in front of him. Soft breath blew from between his parted lips, and I could feel his heart beating in his chest against mine, the heavy rhythm reflecting my own. He leaned forward again, the small space between us diminishing quickly before he hesitated, mere millimeters separating our lips. I couldn't take his uncertain actions anymore, desperately needing to feel his lips on mine again.

I shifted forward just enough to press my lips into his, my action enough to wake him up from whatever strange trance he had fallen in to. His hands pulled my face closer to his and my arms wove around his torso, my hands locking behind his back and pulling his body flush against mine. Our kiss was slow and gentle, but every movement of his lips against mine felt like another spark igniting the inferno inside me. Every inch of my body was alive as it tingled wherever he touched me.

His lips molded so perfectly against mine I almost forgot why I had even bothered spending the weekend away from him, the gentle kiss resonating through my body down to my very bones. With one final kiss against my lips, he pulled back again and let his forehead drop against mine. His hands dropped from my face as his arms wove around my neck, his elbows resting on my shoulders as his hands fell lazily behind my back. I watched his eyelashes fan out against his cheeks as he let his eyes close and a heavy sigh fell from his lips.

"We still have to talk about it, Harry," I whispered, knowing that was what he was thinking.

"I know," he murmured.

"Tonight," I said, keeping my tone gentle but stern. While I couldn't seem to stay away from him, he had to know he couldn't get away with doing whatever he wanted.

"I know," he repeated, his eyes still closed and his forehead still resting against mine. His weight rested on me, the heaviness of his arms draped lazily across my shoulders and the way his forehead rest against mine weighing me down in the best way possible. It was like he physically needed me to hold him up after all we had been through. My fingers raked gently across his lower back as I pulled him even closer, the two of us pushed against his car and completely draped across each other in every way.