52. Sail

"This is how I show my love, I made it in my mind because I blame it on my ADD, baby."

Song: Sail

Artist: Awolnation 

It was Saturday morning, and Harry and I had been standing in his entryway attempting to say goodbye for nearly twenty minutes now. My arms were linked lazily around his neck while his forearms rested on my lower back. I had to tilt my head back to look up at him, my back arching over his grip as I blissfully took in the sleepy look of his face.

"I don't see why you have to go," he grumbled. His hair was extremely wild from last night, and he stood in just a pair of athletic shorts while I was wearing a pair of leggings I'd found under his bed and one of his sweatshirts; the clothes I'd worn last night were currently in the laundry with his where I'd stuffed them this morning in an attempt to clean the blood from the fabrics.

"I have a lot to do today," I told him with a smile. I had neglected my classes all week and subsequently had a lot of catching up to do.

"You can do it tomorrow," he countered, pulling his lips into a wide, cheesy grin. He looked so young when he did that; his face lit up as his eyebrows shot up his forehead, the sleepiness of his current state only adding to the youthful expression.

"No, because you'll pull this again," I laughed. "If I do it today, I can hang out with you tomorrow all day."

"Well will I see you tonight?" he asked hopefully.

"Most likely," I said with a smile, knowing I would have zero motivation to do anything productive on a Saturday night.

"Okay, good," he said, tightening his grip around me and hugging me even tighter against him. My neck strained now as I tried to hold our eye contact, but his height made it difficult. I gave up and tightened my arms around his neck, hugging him in an attempt to finally make my way out the door despite wanting to do nothing but stay with him all day.

"I have to go," I mumbled into his neck. He grumbled something unintelligible and didn't loosen his grip.

"Harry," I laughed. He loosened his arms enough to let me pull back to look at him.

"Oh, hey, I was gonna ask you... since we only really went on the one date before we fell back into whatever, can I take you on another one? Somewhere actually nice this time," he said. He pulled his lips into his mouth after speaking as if the subject made him nervous. I couldn't imagine why he'd be nervous around me at all, especially considering these last few days.

"I would love that," I said gently, my grin widening even more. It was almost too much to handle- Harry hardly dressed while looking adorably bedraggled, asking to take me on a proper date.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," I repeated, a giddy tone seeping into my voice. "When?"

"Ahh, I'll have to get back to you on that but I'll let you know," he said evasively. I blinked in amusement.

"Okay, deal." I lifted myself to my toes to press my lips into his. I held the pressure for a few seconds, the kiss lingering enough to make me feel the spark I always did but short enough to stop it from completely taking over.

"Bye, Harry," I sighed, closing my eyes momentarily and letting my lips mumble against his.

"Bye Hal," he returned, leaning forward once more to press our lips together for just a second before he reluctantly let me go. "I'll see you later once you're finished being responsible."