47. Love Is Blindness

"Love is blindness, I don't wanna see."

Song: Love Is Blindness

Artist: Jack White (Originally by U2)

(Listen to the song, trust me)

I laughed giddily as Maggie twirled me on the dance floor, her mood infectious as she danced around like a lunatic. The music was as loud as ever as we let our bodies move to the beat and our hands were thrown up above our heads carelessly. I was having fun dancing with just my friends and was relieved when no guys approached us. I glanced at Harry out of the corner of my eye and was pleased to see his gaze trained tightly on me.

A slight smirk pressed itself to my lips as I amped up my dancing a little more to give Harry a bit of a show. I could practically feel his gaze burning into me while I moved, and I loved the feeling of him watching me. It was like a game- me trying to draw him to me while he tried to resist. I could feel the forces rushing between us as our bodies were drawn together but our minds resisted.

I took another glance at him and was slightly disappointed to see his gaze fixed on Jay, his expression suddenly concerned. I stopped dancing for a second and dropped my arms in a momentary lack of judgment. My arm collided with something cold behind me, and the sensation of liquid running down my back struck. The liquid was cold and I jumped slightly before spinning around quickly to see a guy standing behind me. His eyes were fixed on his now empty glass and he looked like he was about to cry.

"Um, sorry," I shouted, raising an eyebrow trying to draw his attention and get an apology. It was his fault for standing so close behind me. He raised his eyes finally and stared at me before mumbling something I couldn't hear. I rolled my eyes and turned back to my friends.

"I'll be right back, that guy just spilled his drink all over me," I explained, pointing to the wetness on my back. They both nodded waving me away.

"We'll be here!" Annie shouted. She had her sights fixed on a guy, however, so I didn't put much faith in her promise. I took one more glance at Harry, but he was still transfixed by Jay. I wouldn't be gone long, but I wished he'd been looking at me so I could wave at him to explain somewhat.

I'd only be gone for a minute; it would be fine.

I moved down the stairs and turned down the little aisle that went by the dance floor and led to the bathrooms in the opposite direction of the rest of the club. The music back here was just as loud, but the flashing lights from the bar didn't quite reach, making it relatively dark until the bathrooms themselves at the end of the hall in their own little off-shoots. The hallway was empty as I moved down it and pushed my way through the bathroom door, which was also empty.

I grabbed a few paper towels from the dispenser, huffing in annoyance as I tried to twist around and pull my shirt to the front to dab at it. Luckily, the guy had been drinking something clear, so it hadn't stained too bad. I dabbed at the fabric of my shirt to absorb as much of it as I could, but I couldn't seem to rid the fabric of the sticky substance left over by the alcohol. After a few minutes, I decided it was as good as it was going to get and threw away the paper towels.

I glanced at myself in the mirror and ran my fingers under my eyes, wiping away the few flecks of mascara that had smudged there from my dancing. After running my fingers through my hair once and straightening out my shirt, I washed my hands and dried them off. With one final once over, I decided to head back.

As soon as I pushed the door open, the music rushed back against my face after being somewhat muted by the heavy door. The hallway seemed even darker than before thanks to the bright lights of the bathroom, and my eyes were having trouble adjusting because of the alcohol in my system. I was about to turn the corner to head down the straight part of the hallway when a pair of hands gripped my shoulders and shoved me back against the wall.