37. Resolution

"You said don't lie, so I made the truth; seemed like a lie to even you."

Song: Resolution

Artist: Matt Corby

This song is extremely important as it was kind of the inspiration for this entire story, so if you don't already know, make sure you listen :)

Harry's POV

Halle's hands were soft on my scalp as she pet them through my hair, her nails dragging lightly along my skin in a soothing manner. The look on her face when she'd inspected my own had tugged at my heart, because I knew exactly what she'd been doing; she'd been making sure I was okay, concern laced through her features as it accompanied the bliss and euphoria that still coursed through her.

I think I need you too much.

Her words had made my insides glow, her admission that she cared about me deeply making me feel better than I ever had. It was clear in the way she looked at me, touched me, kissed me, and simply was with me that she cared about me, and it was something I had never experienced before. The way she reacted to me, physically, mentally, emotionally, made me feel something real, something important. It made me feel like I actually mattered to her.

I had yet to respond to her statement, the meaning behind it still sinking in. I was always surprised when she said things like that, because I felt like the emotion in this relationship was so skewed. I felt like I liked her way more than she liked me, even though I knew that wasn't the case. The depth of my feelings for her utterly confused me, but I had never felt more attached to someone who made me feel so alive.

Every tiny touch of her skin to mine nearly set me on fire, and the gentle way she'd touch me in moments like these were enough to satisfy me for the rest of my life. Being with her was like nothing I'd ever experienced before and it only grew stronger by the day. She was smart, beautiful, strong, funny, and maybe a little crazy from the way she had attached herself to me. She was the first person to actually give me a chance and actually wanted to know me. She was exactly what I'd been missing for years without even knowing it.

My head rose from her chest where it rested, my body shifting up hers so I hovered over her once more. Her hands raked through my hair once more before trailing down to settle around the nape of my neck. Her clear blue eyes searched my face, a content expression on her features as she watched me think. While I could read her like a book, she seemed to have trouble deciphering my thoughts, which I liked. I was afraid if she could see what I was actually feeling, I'd scare her off.

I liked her way more than I wanted to admit.

I could feel myself getting anxious when she wasn't around, my irrational thought process tricking me into fearing she would soon tire of me and leave. When I was with her, however, it was like she was the only thing that mattered. I didn't care about her ex-boyfriend or the fact that her friends probably had their doubts about me, and I didn't care that she was way too good for me even though I should have. All I cared about was being with her and getting as much of her as possible.

It was like the physical pull I had felt toward her from the second I had laid eyes on her had evolved into an emotional pull so strong I couldn't fight it. I still had trouble sorting out my feelings and what they meant, but I knew they were stronger than anything I'd ever felt before, and I knew that they were real.

All these thoughts were masked behind my careful expression that was designed to hide them from her. I needed to take time alone when she wasn't here clouding my thoughts to sort them out, and now was not the time.

"Did you know Ben was watching us?" she asked suddenly, her gentle voice ripping me from my thoughts. I blinked, fighting off the sudden apprehension that struck in fear she would get mad.