31. Iris

"And I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand." 

Song: Iris

Artist: Goo Goo Dolls

Harry's POV

You've gotta be fucking kidding.

Were they seriously here right now, about to bash down my door, when I had finally gotten Halle back? They were absolutely ruin what should have been a good morning with her, and I wanted nothing more than to run them over with my car. Another round of pounding made me groan out loud as I buried my face in Halle's neck.

"Better get dressed, babe," I muttered, kissing her shoulder automatically before pulling myself reluctantly from her tangled grasp. She didn't respond but followed my suggestion quickly, her fear at being caught naked evident as she scrambled to find her clothes. I had managed to pull on a pair of sweats and a t-shirt by the time she'd found her bottom articles of clothing and her bra. She pulled them on quickly before her eyes scanned the rest of the room, a sudden look of realization dawning on her as she looked at me with wide eyes.

"My shirt..." she muttered. I blinked. Could she not find it?

"It's out there by the table..." she explained, seeing that I wasn't following. Shit.

"Um, let me go get it," I offered. She nodded quickly, running a slightly frantic hand through her hair.

"I look awful," she grumbled seemingly to herself. I shook my head at her in disbelief. Like she could ever look awful.

"You look beautiful," I said casually, realizing this was probably the first sincere complement I'd given her. I shook my head, still trying to discover where this side of me had come from as I quickly left the room in search of her shirt. I scurried past the front door, hoping they wouldn't see my shadow through the tiny window as they continued to pound on the door and shout through it.

"Harry, you fucker, we know you're in there," the voice I recognized as Miles' called.

"For fuck's sake, hang on a minute," I finally called back, hoping they'd finally shut up and quit their incessant assault of my door. My eyes scanned the tiny dining room area, my brain already forgotten what shirt she'd even been wearing when I spotted a white bit of cloth hanging off one of the chairs by the table. I reached out to grab it, the soft fabric feeling familiar in my grip as I jogged lightly back to my room. I found Halle sitting on the bed, her knees bouncing up and down anxiously.

"Are you nervous?" I asked, surprised. She looked at me in shock.

"Very," she admitted.

"Don't be. You're way better than them so there's no need to worry," I said honestly.

"Harry, don't say that," she scolded distractedly as she pulled her shirt over her head and smoothed her hands down her front. She frowned as she looked down, her plain white v-neck and athletic shorts clearly not her ideal outfit to be meeting anyone in but it would have to do. Personally, I thought she looked incredibly sexy, which worried me because I knew my friends would, too. If they even looked at her...

"Harry! Let us in you idiot!"

"Um, how do you want to do this?" I asked her, ignoring their loud requests.

"Uh... I'll just... wait in the kitchen?" she said, her statement coming out as a question. It was a good of a plan as any, I supposed.

"Yeah, alright."