87. Undressed

"And it all started with 'hi, my name is...'"

Song: Undressed

Artist: Kim Cesarion 

*This is the song in the trailer. A lot of people have asked so here it is! If you haven't seen the trailer, make sure to check it out :) 

“Hal, you’re gonna hit the wall,” Harry told me, frowning at me across the expanse of the desk we were currently carrying.  I blinked and looked at the corner he nodded at to see it was indeed about to dig into the wall of the narrow entryway we were trying to maneuver through.

“Shit, sorry,” I muttered, shifting the heavy piece of furniture as best I could.  I felt a trickle of sweat roll down my back, the exertion of moving all my stuff quickly heating me up.  That, in combination with the warmth of the day, had me dripping in sweat.  It was almost the end of the school year now and the weather was reflecting that. 

I followed Harry’s lead as he helped me carry the desk into the living room where we unceremoniously set it down in the middle.  A heavy huff escaped my lips while my muscles celebrated the relief of the heavy item.  Luckily there wasn’t much we’d taken from my apartment that required the two of us to lift.  The desk had been an after thought, and we’d had to return after emptying the first load of my stuff to fit it into Harry’s car. 

“Looks great right there,” Harry joked with a chuckle.  He reached up to wipe the sweat from his forehead and shoved his hand through his hair, which stayed pushed back a little easier than usual thanks to the dampness of the strands.  He’d long ago shed his shirt, leaving him in just a pair of black athletic shorts.  A thin sheen of sweat covered his torso from all the moving and the heat of the day, making it extremely difficult to focus on the task at hand: unpacking.

“I don’t see a problem with it,” I laughed in return.  I picked up the hem of my shirt and pulled it back and forth, fanning myself off with the fabric.  I was only wearing a pair of shorts and a tank top, but I was still hot.  “You sure we can’t turn on the air conditioner?”

“Oh suck it up,” Harry teased.  “We can just open the windows, it’ll cool down again tonight. Besides, I like seeing you sweaty.”

His brow cocked up at the last part and a self-satisfied smirk tugged at his features.  He bit his lower lip into his mouth and very obviously let his eyes rake down my body.  I giggled and shook my head, amazed he found me attractive when I looked like I’d just been dipped in a vat of sweat.

“You’re insane.”

“No, baby. I just have a hot girlfriend,” he said, flashing me a wide grin and a wink before turning to head into the kitchen to fill a glass of water. 

“Temperature-wise, yes, extremely hot,” I laughed, lifting the hem of my shirt to my forehead to dab away the sweat.  I couldn’t help but smirk when I heard a low groan rumble from Harry.

“Stop teasing me,” he grumbled, a playful frown on his face.  I grinned at him.

“Didn’t mean to,” I said innocently with a shrug.  He pinched his lips together and shook his head slowly in amusement as if he didn’t believe me.

“Sure, babe.”

“I swear!” I laughed.  “I’m gonna start unpacking, feel free to help.”

I shot him a wide, obnoxious grin that he returned sarcastically.  “Yeahhhh I’d love to unpack all your clothes.”

I giggled, getting the response I expected.  He’d helped me move in all my stuff without complaint but had stated several times he would not put my clothes away.  He remained in the kitchen where he leaned against the counter casually, the firm muscles in his chest and stomach testing my will power.  There would be time for that later, I decided, because if I didn’t unpack right now I’d spend the next two weeks inevitably attempting to put everything away in procrastination.