CHAPTER III

NATHANIEL 

Man these interviews are the worst things ever happened to me. The candidates were literally EYE-RAPING me! Is that even a word? Things got a little out of hand when they started giving me suggestive glances, the second one even opened her tops' upper buttons! But then again, I can't blame them. I mean who can even resist such a good looking guy like me? Except her, each and every woman I have met drools over me. So I am kinda used to this. Anyways, so you imagine my anger when I am to deal with another one of those idiots. Thankfully, this woman whom I am about to meet is the last candidate. Later, I think I could call Lucas and go to a bar.

I opened the door and went inside, adjusting my cuffs. As I looked up, I saw the lady standing in front of me. I froze. My feet refused to move leaving me immobile, and I could only stare at her. A thousands questions were bombarding my mind. my voice failed me. After regaining my composure, I whispered, "Sydney?"

When she finally looked at me, I could see a thousand emotions flash through her face. There was shock, happiness, anger, bewilderment, sadness and what not. She mirrored my expression. Shit! She was as beautiful as she was ten years ago. The same heart shaped face, high cheekbones, perfectly sculpted luscious lips and beautiful eyes that I could stare for a millennia, flawless round breasts and sensuous curves. But despite this, there was something different about her. She was more mature both her aura and physically. Her eyes had slight dark circles beneath them, there were slightly visible frown lines and she had lost a LOT of weight.

I again asked her, "Are you alright Sid?" it felt odd to call her by her nickname, after all these years. My voice seemed to jerk her, like being out of a trance. Her eyes became unfocused and started to droop. She lost her balance, and started to fall down. Everything happened in a blur. I rushed towards her and she fell into my arms. Her lips were slightly parted and she looked stresses. I effortlessly picked and carried her to my sofa and lay here there. I started to unbutton my cuffs, when she wakes up she has a lot of answering to do.

***

SYDNEY

My head was throbbing. I rolled over. Dude my bed is soooo soft! And these sea green pillows are so soft. Wait WHAT!? Sea green? There's nothing sea green in my room. I dashed up and surveyed my surroundings. I was in an incredibly luxurious room, which wasn't mine. The past events suddenly flashed through my mind. SHIT! It was really Nate, I hadn't dreamt about him. Oh no no, no, no ... this can't be happening.

But it is. So suck it up.

Why do you always come sooo...er....uninvited? 

*sighs* you need to update your vocabulary sweetie.

Might as well, hey where is Nate? Er, where did you go?

No reply.

A throat cleared behind me. I slowly turned around, and there stood before me, the Great Nathaniel Williams. He grinned at me and said, "You alright? I ordered some food,"

I nodded at him, expressionless. He opened his mouth to say something but was cut off by the buzzer. Nate picked up the phone and asked who was it. There was some muffled voice on the other end, he replied with an okay. Then the door opened, there were trays filled with food. Junk food. Nice.

"Anything else, Sir?" the person asked meekly.

"That would be all, James, " he replied and dismissed him. Turning towards me he said, "We will talk after you have eaten."

I nodded and sat down to eat. Why am I eating in his office again? I will ask myself the question again after I have devoured this delicious meal.

***

The plates were taken away and Nate was watching no wait scratch that, he was scrutinising me under his intense stare. I squirmed under his scrutiny. That's new... never have I ever done that. He finally opened his mouth to speak, "Where were you all these years?"

I knew this question was coming. But I wasn't ready to answer it yet, so I replied in the most professional voice that I could muster and said, "Mr. Williams, with all due respect I cannot answer your question,"

He was really pissed off with my 'Mr. Williams' remark, his jaw hardened and he clenched his fists. After a few moments he whispered, "Why? And Mr. Williams?"

I maintained my resolute and said in the same voice, "Mister..." I sighed and said, "Nate, please I will answer those questions when I am ready. Right now, I would like to keep this professional,"

Of course, he didn't like my answer but before he could say anything, I gave him the most pleading look I had. After a few moments he sighed and said, "Ms. Parker, would you like to begin the interview?" I nodded at him and handed him my portfolio. He scanned through the pages and then asked, "You attended a university in California, two years late. Why?"

My gaze hardened and I shook my head. He sighed again and said, "How do I know that you are capable for this job?"

"The answer is in front of you sir," I replied nodding at my portfolio.

"Yeah..." he paused and an evil smirk came to his face, "But, These grades aren't satisfactory, miss,"

WHAT!? My jaw dropped, did he really just say that. I erupted, "Mr. Williams, didn't I attend the high school with you?"

"Yes, but-"

"Didn't I ace each and every exam? Wasn't I the captain of the football team? Didn't I achieve the greater marks?"

He grinned at me cheekily and said, "Yes, the grades are good but how do I know that you will be able to take care of all my needs?" to add to his question, he wriggled his eyebrows suggestively. I looked at him warily and raised an eyebrow. Great! The old Nate is back! Cheers. Not.

After another set of extremely inappropriate innuendos, I survived my interview. Well, more of I left the building fuming and him enjoying each and every pun.

I have got a feeling that I am going to see this damned ugly building tomorrow.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOOK I DO NOT KNOW WHAT DOES A CEO ASK IN A REAL INTERVIEW, SO SUCK IT UP!

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT