CHAPTER VII

SYDNEY PARKER

I do not know what made me say that I will come to take care of him, but something tells me that I would not regret it.

That something is his house. It may be the most beautiful one I have ever seen, and it is much too spacious. I mean what kind of man buys a 750 million bungalow, with more than a staff of 300 to maintain it for one freaking man! Yes, people I googled all this, it may be weird but who said I am not? 

"Name?" the guard outside his house asked me.

"Sydney Parker, Mr. Williams' secretary," I replied. 

He nodded to another guard, and the gate opened. Then turning to me, he said, "Mr. Williams is expecting you ma'am," I thanked him and drove inside the driveway. 

 There are way too many guards here, what is this guy? The president?

Two other guards led me towards the parking area and into the house. 

When the door opened, it took my breath away. The house was simply magnificent. Everything was actually shining, the chandeliers on top were HUGE. It looked like some royal person's house. To summarise it all, it was breathtaking, grandeur, regal and each and every other adjective. Funny, I cannot maintain a home, this big with forty years salary. The guards left me at the door. Now how the hell am I supposed to the navigate in a house this big? There were no maids or any other person around. I walked up the stairs and opened the first door to my left.

There laid my boss. He had an ice cream tub in his hand and was watching news. 

"Oh! You are here," he said cheerfully. He was shirtless, though covered in a blanket and the air conditioner was fully on. 

"How the hell are you supposed to get better if you are eating ice cream while sitting in Antarctica you idiot?" I deadpanned.

"HEY! It's my relaxing mantra," he whined.

I shook my head and grabbed the ice cream tub out of his hand. He protested throwing his arms here and there. I grabbed both his wrists (They were hot, I mean the fever-y hot) and said sharply, "Nate, remember this, I have a black belt in judo and can manoeuvre perfect wrist locks , so unless you do not want to become a victim of mine, I suggest," enunciating each and every word, "You obey me without fail," Our faces were very close to each other, noses almost touching. If I could just move a little more forward, I will be able to kiss.... WOAH! where did that thought come from?! 

His eyes went from mine to my lips (I tried to ignore that). I called to him again, "Capiche?"

He nodded vigorously. I guess he was remembering the ninth grade incident. That day, he just pissed me off so bad and I was on my japan. Everybody in the school knew not to irritate me when I was on my japan. I may even kill that person, but this pig chose just that day to nag me to hell. So I performed a few of my judo tricks on him. Nothing much happened. He fractured a lot of bones and I got a month's detention and got suspended for a week. Nothing much of course.

I checked his temperature, it was 104 degrees. "You have too much fever, Nate... Do you have some tablets?" He nodded and pointed towards the drawer. I opened it and.... there were too as in really too many condoms in there. THE FREAKING DRAWER WAS FULL OF IT!? 

"The medical stores weren't running out of condoms, Nate," I said exasperated.

"Oh, I like to be ready you know," he said suggestively

I counted... ten, nine, eight, seven... do not do something you will regret. When I was finally back to my peaceful facade, he boasted, "Would, you like to try some? I got all flavours," thus breaking my resolute.

He must be taught how to not talk like animals. I lunged at him and smacked him on the side of his head. While firmly securing him beneath me ( also him crying out like a small baby), I took hold of wrists, twisted them and pushed his fingers below his elbows. He cried out and tried to get out of my hold. But unfortunately, this is Sydney Parker performing the wrist locks, not all get out of them so easily. I pushed his finger further (GOD! that sounded so wrong) and smirked at him squirming (that too). 

"I am sorry... I am sorry," he wailed.

"What's the magic word?" I asked in a sing song voice.

"Ple...ase, Sid..." he wailed again.

I laughed evilly and got off him. He sprang up and massaged his wrists and wiped off sweat from his forehead. "God, you are still this violent," he cried. 

"You just bring out the best in me," I retorted, proud of my skills. 

"You almost killed me! I could see the headlines flashing in my head!," 

"Don't be a kid, Nate," I said, getting irritated, "Soup good for you?" I asked changing the topic.

He looked at me furiously, I returned his glare with full ferocity. After about two minutes of intense staring, he finally broke the contact, defeated and murmured, "Kitchen's the first on the left, downstairs," HAH! Take that.

I nodded at him, flashing him one of my best innocent smiles and turned the knob.

"Oh and by the way," he shouted, hunting for something in his cupboard, "The way you were sitting on me..." I turned back,  "totally turned me on,"

I glared at him and realised that I had been straddling him. Great, there is nothing I can do to change his ways. I shook my head, old habits die hard, they say.

OH! It's gonna be a long night. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THANKS FOR READING GUYS!