CHAPTER XVIII

NATHANIEL WILLIAMS

I couldn't get the picture of that scar on her naked body out of my mind. 

It was like imprinted behind my eyes. I just felt like it was one of the reason which drove her out of her own hometown. Something bad happened to her and I feel so devastated and angry with myself. It happened right before my eyes, we met everyday in school and after school and she acted so normal yet sad and unhappy. I just couldn't figure out what was happening to her and how would I help her. 

I squeezed my eyes shut, standing before the mirror, fixing my bow tie. Tonight was when I would meet her after that night. I would never ever regret it, and I wish neither would she. 

"Honey! Are you ready yet?" Natasha's shrilly voice reached my eardrums. I swear to God,they will rupture someday due to such unwanted nuisance. I sigh, thinking I would have to get rid of her soon. 

"Honey?" she called again.

For Heaven's sake woman! "Yeah," I grumbled and slipped my phone in my pocket.

I tried to avoid calling Sydney since then, i think she would need some space to think...

***  

She is avoiding me like plague.

Sydney Parker is avoiding me like plague. She is not meeting my eyes, and she has tried to avoid any kind of contact with me since we have met tonight. Though, she looking absolutely stunning tonight, with the black gown that hugs her body perfectly and her face, though with minimal make up looks splendid and glowing, like a goddess.

Oh, I am so whipped.

*** 

SYDNEY PARKER

"What..are-" I staggered, tugging a lock of my hair, nervously. 

"Sydney," wow, he rarely calls me that, he really must be serious, "Please, who gave you that scar?"

I tried to evade that question at all costs, "What do you mean 'Who'? Don't you think that it might be an injury-?"

"Of what? Like falling from the stairs?" he cut me short. 

Damn! I was considering that option. 

Suddenly, he backed me up against the nearby wall, indicating there was no escape. His hands snaked firmly around my waist and our faces were inches apart. I could see the slight stubble on his cheeks and the bags under his eyes. Somehow, he even manages to play that off perfectly.

"Haven't you been able to sleep?" I blurted out, without thinking. 

He didn't answer me. Exhaling deeply, he moved closer to me so that my breasts were pressed against his rock hard chest. Goosebumps appeared on my skin, due to the sudden change of air. It was electrifying and full with desire. Then slowly moving his lips to my ear, he said, "No, you have been on my thoughts," As his lips slightly brushed my ear, I could feel his voice resonate all through my body, from my head to my toes. It was unnerving. My mind couldn't function freely under his intense gaze and proximity. 

"I...I-" I muttered, not trusting my words. To be honest, I really just wanted to kiss him badly now and forget the conversation that was going on. But, he stepped back and looked at me, "So, will you tell me the truth?" he asked, "Please?"

Ah Great! I moved my hand through my hair and said, "Okay," I sighed and continued, "But after this party. Aren't you expected there?"

He looked at me firmly and said, "That party can wait. Nothing is more important than you."

IS THIS THE PART WHERE I FAINT OF HAPPINESS?

***

"Here," he said and handed me the glass of hot chocolate. 

We were sitting currently in his hotel room, all changed. The topic of that night wasn't brought up. Yet. And I was thankful for that, immensely. It was like preparing for the final battle. I have never expressed my feelings and my past so openly to anyone. Not even Mia or Patrick, who know all about it. I didn't explain each and everything to them, because they hadn't experienced my past, they didn't know what I was like. But this gorgeous man, sitting before me, he knew what I was, stubborn, brat, one who cracks lame jokes and laughs at them etc. 

He was also one of the most important aspects of my life. I felt lively and energetic around him. He was there when I needed him. Needless to say, we didn't spend all our time bickering and throwing pranks at each other. Mostly he fights would end, in me plastering the whole cake on his face or him giving me a piggy back ride ( I know, WTF!?), or anything in which we both were happy and carefree. I forgot the darkness I carried with me when I was with him, it was like slipping into an oblivion, in a good way of course.

I think I had started caring for him. But isn't that what you feel for someone when he or she is there when you need them? One who will call you at three o' clock in the night when he is drunk and asking you to ride them home. And you, unknowingly worry for them, would do so. (Yes, that did happen once).

 I feared that I was feeling something much deeper and unusual for him.

***

I KNOW THIS CHAPTER IS SHORTER THAN YOU IMAGINED. BUT I FELT THAT SID NEEDED TO TELL WHAT SHE FELT LIKE ABOUT NATE, SOMETHING MORE THAT ATTRACTION. 

SO HERE YOU ARE!

THANK YOU FOR READING! PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW ME!

ALSO, I HAVE DECIDED THAT I NEED TO FINISH THIS STORY...

SO IT WOULD BE IN, I GUESS 25 OR 26 CHAPTERS. THEN I WOULD BE STARTING ANOTHER ONE! IT'S IN WORKS, I WILL GIVE MORE INFO LATER!

BYE LOVELIES!