CHAPTER IV

SYDNEY

Life is so unfair. I get the meaning of the phrase today.

I try to forget my past and almost accomplish the task, but my past becomes my present.

I try getting a job, I do get an extremely good job, but unfortunately my boss is a number one ass hole.

Cheers. Not.

Yes, people. As I predicted yesterday, I did get selected for the post of PA of the CEO of Williams Industries. I had made it my mission to keep our (mine and Nate) relationship strictly professional. And to avoid questions regarding my past choices. Yes I will tell him about them but only when I think that I can trust him enough. 

I sigh and pull my hair into a ponytail.

Better be ready for the first day. Fingers crossed.

                                                                                           ***

Lily, the blonde who is here on internship showed me to my new room. It's right next to Nathaniel's. The room was simply incredible. I quickly arranged my things on the desk, Lily informed me that Nate will be here shortly and tell me about my duties.

I waited for about half an hour for Nate to come, before the devil finally made his entrance. He was looking hot. Yes people, I do admit it. HE IS HOT. But many men are hot aren't they?

Not as hot as your boss though.

You again! Come on, just shut up... and no, I have met various men as hot and hotter than Nate.

Really? Who are they...Names?

Fine. I haven't. Happy?

Wait why am I arguing with myself? SHIT, I must be going mad.

You were already mad.

"Sydney, here are the files. You need to review it and make a statistical report based on them till tomorrow noon. Any questions?"

"None," I replied grimly. Great no good morning or hi. But then again, I was the one who requested for the strictly professional relationship. 

He left the room, banging the door behind him loudly.

                                                                                           ***

 It's been freaking two hours since I am here and not even five minutes have been gone without the idiot requesting my presence! He is freaking doing this to irritate me. My buzzer buzzed. I tried not to break the receiver and asked sweetly, "Sir?"

"Oh Sydney, I quiet forgot. Would you please fetch the Department Sales 2002 files for me. They would be in the seventeenth shelf sixth row."

"Sure, Mr. Williams," I replied in a as sugar coating voice as possible.

                                                                                         ***

"The files sir," I said basically throwing them at him. My hand was itching to throw the pen in my hand at someone. 

"Thank you," Nathaniel replied innocently. 

I nodded at him and was about to leave but I turned. He raised his eyebrows questioningly. "I just forgot something," I said mimicking his unimpeachable voice.

I threw the pen at his forehead.

                                                                                      ***

The door of my room opened. I looked up to see Nathaniel standing there. My eyes went to the clock, it pointed at 6:45. Shit! When had it been so late.

I again glanced at Nathaniel. Something was off about him, not the bad kinda off, the turn-you-on kinda off. He slowly started walking towards me. 

"Is there anything I could help you with Sir?" I asked shakily.

"Oh yes," he replied huskily, "there's a lot you could help me with," Something in his voice made me shudder involuntarily. I quickly got up from my seat and step aside from the desk. 

"Sir, would you mind if I take my leave now?" I asked in the same shaky voice.

"Not so fast, Sid," he replied and continued his advance. It looked much like a predator on its prey. He deliberately took small steps and moved. I, on the other hand, started backing off. 

"Nate, what are you doing?"

He didn't reply just kept coming until he was finally standing in front of me. Much closer. I took another step backwards but collided with a wall. There was no escape now. He could sense that too, and placed his hands on either side of my head. I wanted to stop him, but I couldn't. I somehow wanted to continue whatever he was doing. His warm breath tickled my neck as he breathed in my scent. Finally he looked up at me, in the eyes and trailed his fingers from my forehead to my neck.

"Beautiful," he murmured and placed a small kiss on the corner of mouth. SHIT! this is getting out of hand, but still I didn't stop him. WHY you ask? Because I am an idiot. 

Suddenly his posture changed and he started shaking me, "Sydney wake up! wake up!"

I woke up and looked around. Lily was standing in front of me, her hands on my shoulders. GREAT! I was just dreaming about my boss who was almost close to kissing me on the lips. Shame, my dream didn't get completed. Wait! Did I just say that? I must be really going mad.

You were already mad.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I KNOW THAT THE CHAP IS CRAPPY! I WROTE IT IN A RUSH, SO SORRY.

THANKS FOR READING BTW.