CHAPTER XVII

SYDNEY PARKER

"Lila?" I muttered, bewildered, too dazed to speak. There stood before me, Mia and Lila, my school best friend, the least unexpected person standing before me, smiling like a maniac and tears streaming down her face. 

I enveloped her in a hug, tightly, tears running down my face too. I looked over her shoulder, Mia was standing there smiling at us affectionately and squealing happily. Stepping back, I touched Lila's face, wondering if she was real. Yup, there's flesh and faint blush. She totally is Lila. 

"How?" I whispered.

Mia swung an arm round Lila and said, "Well, I sort of bumped into her. She said her name was, Lila Swan, and then I was like staring at her and asked if she knew any Sydney, then she looked at me strangely, as if I had farted in the public like really loudly and then she crushes me into a hug. Then I am praying to God and forgiving you all of your sins, because I was kind of sure I wouldn't be able to survive it and then-"

"Then, we rechecked if we both were talking about the same Sydney- the same bitchy person who abandons her friends and whoosh! disappears and Mia was like yeah, somewhat like that and then she said that it would be great if I came to meet you here and all and then I am like yes! So, here we are!" finished Lila, enthusiastically. 

Too dazed to speak anything, I took them all in a hug. It was tragic yet perfect. Someone's hairs in my mouth. Me and Mia, almost kissing, yet it was perfect and jovial. I love Mia, so much.

Pulling out of the hug, Lila said sternly, "And, don't you dare think that you are forgiven. I have at least a million things to say to you, though most of them are curses and then I have to murder you countless times, cut all your hair and-"

I stopped her and said, "I know you are angry..."

"Yeah, I am," she sighed and then said, "But, are you ready to tell me the reason why you left?"

After her mention, my dreams came rushing back to me. I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to exterminate these horrible pictures. Immediately, I felt two pairs of hands encapsulating me in their warmth, soothing me, understanding me. 

***

"YOU DID WHAT!?" laughed Lila at my story (me and Nate having did the deed). Seriously, why do people laugh at it? No scratch that, they are in fucking hysterics because of the story. 

"It's like history repeated all over again," said Lila.

Mia asked confusedly, "History repeated all over again?"

AH! I may be murdered in a few seconds. Mia looked at me menacingly, "Is there something else I am missing out?"

I said hastily, "Nah Mi-"

"Oh, yes you are." said Lila firmly, smiling at my horrified expression, "Let me tell you a story-"

"About a mouse named Dilorry," I muttered distressed. Mia silenced me with one of her I- will- kill- you- if- you- interrupt- one- more- time look. I instantly succumbed to silence and let Lila continue.

"So, yes. As I presumed, Sid has told you all about her relationship with Nate but missed a tiny little thing. We were in grade 10 I guess and I had dragged her and Nate to this extremely hot guy's party and we got drunk, like really drunk and we all were separated and-"

"And," I interrupted her, "somehow the next morning, Lila found me next to Nate wee bit naked."

"And a pool of dried blood beneath them," finished Lila happily. I looked at her, horrified at how she can say that that easily with no fricking shame.