CHAPTER VIII

SYDNEY PARKER

I swooped up to get the ready made Hot and Sour soup for Nate and me. While I was putting it in the microwave, I heard a phone ringing. It was Nate's and also it was an unknown number. I hesitated before piking it up. Nate was in the shower right now.  Wait, I am his PA, I do get the liberty to answer his phone. Don't I?

Without further ado, I pressed the touch screen and answered it. I was greeted by a very and extremely shrill voice.

"Natty darling... you haven't been answering my calls," a woman said. I have heard this voice somewhere.

I put my best professional voice into action and spoke, "Ma'am, Mr. Williams is currently unavailable, may I know who am I talking to?"

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU! What are you doing with Natty's phone... Wait are you at his house-"

I quickly interrupted her, "Ma'am, this is his PA, Sydney Parker. May I pass on some message to Mr. Williams and again I ask, who am I talking to, please?" I asked again, ignoring her other questions.  

"This is his girlfriend, you dumb bitch!" she shrieked. And that is how I remembered her. She was the slutty yet confident woman. What was her name again? Natalie? Nancy? Natasha! Yes that is the name. At the same time, Nate got out of the shower and thankfully had a t-shirt on. Yet his bulging muscles were clearly visible. He raised his eyebrows questioningly. I covered the phone and mouthed 'Natasha'. His expression turned from a jocund one to a 180 degrees different, apprehensive and a wary one. He made a cross gesture and I quickly replied, "Ma'am Mr. Williams is not here, please try again later. Bye!"

"Wait-"

I pressed the disconnect call button and Nate sighed with relief. 

"That woman will kill me," he said and collapsed upon his bed.

"Why?" I inquired.

"She was a one time fling," he started and I felt a great pang of jealousy, "We both knew that, But then she started being really clingy, she started calling me between meetings and turning up at my house anytime and all that shit, so I told the guards to block her number and not to let her enter or be anywhere near my house yet she somehow manages to call me with a different number,"

"So report her, I suggested.

He shook his head and replied, "She is one of our major endorsers and has got quite a reputation and all. Besides she is a much valuable asset, so jeopardising her career is out of question,"

"She called you, your girlfriend," I said, mimicking her shrill voice.

"Nope, she isn't," replied Nate laughing. I breathed a sigh of relief. Thankfully, he didn't notice me.

I nodded, understanding. That is just unfortunate. I quietly got up and went to the microwave to get our soups out. I poured it in the bowls, Nate got the spoons and switched on the television. He flipped to the news channel, which I watched with much disinterest. I placed the tray on hsi bed and he exclaimed, "Hey! That's my favourite," much childishly.

"It was the only one there," I murmured nervously. 

Liar. You still remembered it and chose it from the fifteen other varieties that he had in the kitchen.

Yeah, but he doesn't need to know that.

He nodded and we ate in quite comfortable silence. He, watching the news intently and me, focusing on not spilling anything. Seriously! How is he able to eat without getting a spot on his shorts. I mean, me with full attention am not able to eat without spilling something on my clothes. I call that freaking talent.

He then switched from news to another channel, which I may add was showing the same content with the different format. Then he watched some market rates channel and then another news channel. Till now, I had a feeling that he was doing this on purpose. To prove my suspicions right, he indeed was smirking widely upon watching me fuming.

"Bastard," I muttered.

"Never said I wasn't one," he retorted. I raised a pillow to hit him, only then did he finally turn in the remote. I flipped through some channels, and finally settled on the movie, "The Gladiator". Let me tell you something about me, I can watch romantic moviessuch as 'Ten things I hate about you' or 'Definitely, Maybe (Ryan Gosling is my bae) but I cannot watch too cliche movies and also I am desperately scared of horror movies, even I do not know why. After Gladiator, we switched to the Pirated of the Caribbean. Johnny Depp rocks, people. The soup bowls kept aside. Nate was lying down, with a pillow and head on my lap whereas I was reclined very comfortably on the sofa. 

While we were in the middle of 'World's End' my eyelids started getting heavy. I saw the time, almost cried out. It was one in the morning. SHIT! Time flies. I was bout to get up but I noticed that Nate was already heavily asleep. He already has trouble sleeping, so I shouldn't wake him now. 

I again got into my comfy spot as Nate stirred.

"Sydney?" he murmured, still eyes closed.

"Hmm?" I yawned.

"Don't leave me again."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SORRY FOR THE CRAPPY CHAPTER. I REALLY WASN'T IN THE MOOD FOR WRITING. ALSO, I JUST WATCHED GLADIATOR, ISN'T IT AN AMAZING MOVIE!? 

ALSO PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT.