CHAPTER XIV

SYDNEY PARKER

The air plane trip was really really and extremely boring. Suffice to say, I got a fucking seat in the business section whereas the two 'lovebirds' got one in the private one. Apparently, there were some last minute complications as Nate claims that he had told his secretary to book three seats in the private section. But 'by mistake' the secretary booked mine in the business class. Not that I minded that, a lot. There was a woman sleeping on my shoulder and a kid sitting beside me who had a constant Niagara Falls flowing down his nose. Oh I so enjoyed this. Not.

"Hey, I am sorry.... it must be terrible sitting in the business class...Huh?" Nathaniel asked guiltily, while he was helping the chauffeur load my luggage in the car (what a gentleman- this happens rarely).

"Yeah..." I replied unsure. There was a sudden change in his tone... Well he didn't talk to me a lot, really and had only answered me in monosyllables when I asked him any questions. So this is extremely nice, for me.

I looked around, trying to lighten the mood and not letting this be anymore awkward, "Well at least I didn't need to endure the lalaloopsy," I muttered.

He smiled slightly at my feeble attempt to make a conversation and then was about to say something when someone interrupted us in a very shrill voice, "Natty!" 

Natasha stood there glaring at us. Nate sighed and said, "Better see what she's up to,"

I nodded at him and he turned around and walked towards her. She, on the other hand was throwing daggers at me. Woman! I was just talking to my damn boss. 

You can't talk sense into a donkey, Sid.

"Right," I muttered under my breath and the two cars- Nate and lalaloopsy in one and me in the other whizzed towards the hotel.

Something tells me that this trip will prove to be a very disastrous one.

Yay for me. Not.

***

The rooms as I thought were extremely luxurious. I couldn't even dream of them. The perks of being a billionaire, I guess. 

Natasha and Nate were sharing a room, of course. At least I got the same quality room, this time. I had called Patrick and Mia, before changing into my pyjamas and a large oversized t-shirt, it's the best and the most comfortable combination of clothes. My talk with Mia was something like this:

Mia: Did it work?

Me: Did what work *already know that I will regret the answer*

Mia: Of course, the lingerie that I brought for you.

I pretty much cut the phone after that answer. Three minutes later her face flashed on my screen, I pick up the phone and press the 'accept' button.

Mia: I am sorry I won't talk about him or the lingerie-

Me: What's going on there?

Mia: Let me complete. I had an absolutely amazing idea. Why don't you go to a bar, drink up, have a one night stand and loosen up! Oh Patrick has been giving lessons to the girl about that 'gays do not have penises' thing.

Me: Really! *completely ignoring that advice*

Mia: Yeah, it's kind of irritating.