CHAPTER XIII

SYDNEY PARKER

"Nothing seems alright," I sighed and pushed my head into my pillow.

Mia, plopped on her forearm, mirrored my sad expression and ran her had soothingly through my hair. Earlier, my lawyer, Sarah Wolf, had called me to inform me about the rejection of the appeal to let my father stay in the rehab facilities. The final hearing is one month later. I don't think that I could handle these drastic changes so easily. First my father, then my Nate's strange behaviour and then the business trip to France. IT'S FREAKING FRUSTRATING FOR ME!

"When do you have to leave?" asked Mia, changing the topic.

"Tomorrow," I muffled through my pillow, an urge of ripping my hair off coming over me, after the mention of the stupid trip.

"We are going to need to pack various things for you," Mia chimed, clapping her hands oblivious to my sad state. She sat on my bed and started to shake me to get up. I slapped her on her back, my head still burrowed in my pillow.

"And also for that hot guy of yours," she whispered smugly.

I WANT TO DIE, RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT.

Mia sighed after my lack of response and got up and started rummaging through my cupboard for something. 

She groaned dramatically and said, "You have nothing to wear in France!"

"I do!" for heaven's sake this woman, I got up and showed her some dresses I had bought.

She looked at them and tsked at them disdainfully. She then eyed me and said seriously, " Do you want to look good at this trip?"

"Ye..s," I answered nervously, startled by the amount of seriousness emitted by her.

"And good for him?"

"WHA-" I bursted, but she  interrupted me fastidiously, "Scratch that, I know the answer is yes,"

I protested but she stared at me into submission.

"Fine yes, I like him," I admitted. Though the look on her face was priceless. 

"So, it's decided," she said firmly, "We are going shopping!"

She squealed happily and rushed out of the room.

***

By shopping she meant, lingerie shopping of course. Mia is the most evil person I have ever met in my life.

She made me buy freaking ten pair of 'sexy and drool worthy and total turn on' inner wares. Her words, not mine.

The bill was larger than what a single dress costs for. Who makes someone buy something like that. Its not like I am going on a cruise or anything neither I am going on a coastal place like Hawaii. But she bought it. And since a whole hour she has been gushing over how much good are they and Nathaniel will fall heads over heels over me. Seriously! Hasn't this woman ever heard of personal space....

As Mia was packing my other and more appropriate dresses in the suitcase, Patrick entered the room dressed up as a... wait is that a penis costume??? I think I need to puke right now.

Mia's jovial face went to a downright disgusted one. She scrunched up her nose and covered her mouth with her hand ( I guess she too had that puking sensation) and asked Patrick disgustedly, "What is that you are wearing?"

Patrick, all smiles and laughs, looked at her confusedly and then looked at his costume and then said, " You know I bought this costume for freaking ten bucks!" what a waste of those ten precious bucks... " so anyways, in my office, my colleague was like gays do not have penises-"