CHAPTER XXI

SYDNEY PARKER

"You guys sure?" I asked them, unsure to what they were planning. 

Lila and and Mia were suddenly reluctant to go to the pizzeria with us (me and Nate), I could have understood  their petty and silly excuses without suspicion if I hadn't known that they are the kind of people who would raid a pizza shop for checking and tasting each and every type of pizza. 

"Yeah, you both go and have fun," Mia said suggestively, while I scowled at her.

"Yup, we don't want to be the third wheel," said Lila, laughing nervously, "Now would we?" She then nudged Mia, quite aggressively as the door opened and Nate entered the room, upon seeing him both of them scrambled away. 

I looked behind them, my arms folded and brows scrunched in absolute wariness.

Putting his phone in his pocket, Nate asked, "Where are they?"

"They aren't coming," I replied, still trying to figure them out.

Nate nodded at me and asked, "You ready?"

I nodded and followed him. He took my hand (I could have died at that moment because of the 'currents' I felt) and we left for the pizza place.

***

"SO what do want to do?" Nate asked, munching the Margarita pizza.

I shrugged and replied, "complete my story maybe?" 

His look changed to a serious one and he nodded rapidly while focusing his eyes on me, "Sure,"

I started, "Yeah so, after I knew that he would sell me, I made up my mind that I will escape him and everything related to him. I phoned the police finally and narrated each and everything to them, you know then the whole arresting and putting him in prison thing came. Then they put me up in an orphanage, I wasn't independent legally then. A family of Carson took me in and sent me to college, there I had this degree and then met Mia, and all. Then I knew that I couldn't live in Carson's shadow forever, so I left them. Mia helped me find a home with Patrick,"

As soon as I said 'Patrick' his expression changed into an indecipherable one and looked at me with hardness, regardless I continued, "And that's how I got a job. But the thing that haunts me is, my father's expression when the police took him. He wasn't that man who beat me up regularly in that final glance, there was horror, guilt and sadness plastered on his face not the sinister smile or deep blue emotionless eyes," I shuddered as I remembered that.

Nate wiped a tear which was sliding off my cheek  and he looked at me softly, his other hand enclosing mine, firmly and protectively. I smiled at him and we were like this, in comfortable silence for some time. Then I said softly looking at him, "It feels good you know that there's someone out there you cares about you, Mia, Lila, Patrick...you,"

He smiled at me and replied, "Yeah, " He looked at me, his hand rubbing the corner of my lips, gently, lost in thought. Gently he leaned forward and was so close to I- don't- know- what- me when the waiter interrupted us with the bill. I glared at him (the waiter) whereas so was Nate. The waiter gulped nervously and went away with the money. 

I cleared my throat and asked, "So what should we do?"

He seemed to think of something and said, "We can go to the gaming place," 

I nodded rapidly, I absolutely love gaming.

***

"Stop shooting me!" I cried angrily while punching Nate in his stomach.

"I am sorry!" he cried back, "Kind of happens when you loose practice,"

I dropped on the couch as my game lives were down to zero. We were currently playing, Call Of Duty: Infinite Warfare, and I must say this that this game is hell of addicting. I guess we were playing this from like four or five hours. 

The door of his hotel room opened and in came Lila and Mia. They both looked at me horrified. 

I raised an eyebrow at their open mouthed face and asked, "What?"

They both screeched at the top of their voices at the same time, "WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE!??"

"AND YOUR HAIR !"

I covered up my ears and Nate shouted, "Jesus women! What's wrong with you?"

"Did you have sex that hard?" asked Lila, terrified. 

I looked at Nate, smiled apologetically and said, "One moment please?"

Getting up, I advanced at her and tackled her down. Sitting on top of her, I shouted, "WOULD YOU PLEASE SHUT UP!"

She grinned at me wickedly and said, "About what? Your dirty fantasies coming-"

I covered her mouth with my hands and cried, "La-la-la-la-la! I ain't listening"

She licked my palm deliberately so it was fully- saliva- sticky and grinned at me.

Then rolling on the top and pinning me down she said playfully, "Let me complete my words, Sid"

I groaned and tried to roll upon her again, but she was one hell of a strong woman. Finally after many attempts I overpowered her, but another evil was waiting for me at the door. Mia, jumped on both of us, looks like she was on Lila's side but you won't be able to make that out because she was pulling Lila's hair and trying to pin me down.

Nate was watching us, (I swear to God he is one full creep from inside) and tutted, "If this is how it ends then..." Then he pounced on us and tickled me. 

"It's not fair!" I cried between my laughter, "One against thr-"

"What the hell is happening here!" an annoying voice screeched.

***

Natasha was standing there in front of us looking at all of us hysterically. 

We quickly scrambled up, that doesn't include Nate. He sat up slowly, and asked her, "What does it look like?"

Natasha didn't answer him and looked at me, disdainfully. She didn't even spared a glance at Lila and Mia and spoke directly to him, "I hear that there's some reunion of yours?"

Nate, rubbing the back of his neck replied unsure, "Yeah...Why?"

She clapped her hands together and said, "That gown you gifted me for that, it's wonderful, Nate honey," she said, with a sudden changed of tone.

Nate looked, confused and asked, "Wh-"

But she beat him to it and engulfed him in a hug. Turning slyly so that his back was facing me, she looked at me slyly and then withdrawing she looked at Nate lovingly, and moved forward. Mia and Lila looked at me and then her, unsure to what to do. 

But I wasn't seeing after that. Turning on my heel, I rushed to the door and closed it with a bang, trying to hide my tears that were threatening to spill out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------