CHAPTER XVI

THIS CHAPTER IS SORT OF A FILLER ONE.

SYDNEY PARKER

I woke up with the most terrible headache I ever had. I felt the smooth white silky sheets in which I was wrapped and a hand wrapped tightly around my bare stomach...

Wait a minute.... Bare stomach!?

Silky white sheets!?

I jolted straight up, "What the fuck!?" I almost cried.

I looked to my left side, Nate was lying there with mouth slightly open and all his hair was over his face, still somehow looking hot and sexy in the morning....

Er... Sid.... You shouldn't be admiring him now.... You got better things to do... Like die from shock from what you did last night....

Nooooooooo..... This can't be happening.... Under the sheets I was naked and so was he (Don't ask me how, I just knew it).

Last night's events came rushing into my mind. The guy- who- looked- just- like- Nate was actually Nate! But I was freaking dancing with the other guy who was hot and all but wasn't Nate... My thoughts make no sense to me... Must be the fucking hangover...

 Without taking much time, I rushed to pick up my clothes and trying not to wake up Nate. I cannot believe I banged the guy I have been trying to avoid banging the whole time! He is a freaking playboy and now I am going to be the biggest joke of the century! And he is going to go like nothing ever happened and go with the other girls standing in queue outside his house waiting for him to pay attention to be one of his bed mates. 

I stealthily opened the door, and sneaked outside the hotel room. Damn! My legs are hurting so much... It's like I am not even able to walk properly. HOW THE HELL IS THIS FEELING GOOD! Not to mention that my dress is almost torn and my makeup probably smudged pretty badly. Thankfully it was the same hotel we were staying in. This must be Nate's room, I turned around... Yes it is Nate's room- 314. Mine is 214... I guess its on the floor below this one. 

I practically ran to the lift and as the doors were closing, there came a waiter and looked at me. His mouth agape, I guess he isn't used to seeing half naked girls running down the halls . I gave him a small smile, before the doors closed.

***

I have now properly brushed and cleaned myself yet feeling that I have done something really really bad. I was about to switch on the television when on the cue, my phone rang. It was Mia, I quickly accepted the call.

"Hey!" her cheerful voice filled my ear. 

"Hi, listen I got to tell you something...." I murmured nervously. 

"Oh," her tone changed and instantly became worried, "What happened didn't the plan go as you planned it?"

"Well half of it did..." I sighed and told her the whole story. Here goes for nothing. 

***

"Oh my good... I can't believe it .... hahahaha!" Mia was laughing past fifteen minutes and I do not know why. I mean there wasn't anything funny about what I was saying and there are some really unpleasant words flooding back from the terrible memories...

"Mia...." I sighed and she gradually stopped laughing and said, "Look, at least you banged a guy though you ought to be more careful!" 

"Uh-huh," I murmured emotionless, my mind was engrossed in my past.

There was instant silence on her side, "Mia?" I asked.

"Don't," she said firmly.

Unsure to what she was talking about, I said, "Don't what?"

"Don't think about your father," she said, reading my thoughts, "Look... I know you are thinking about him or more precisely about his words... Sid, you are not a slut... you were drunk, he was drunk... but it wasn't a mistake,"

I choked on my saliva, "WASN'T A MISTAKE!"

"Even you know it wasn't," she burst out, "you may be thinking that it was now but you did enjoy it! And trust me no matter how many times you try to convince yourself that it was a mistake your heart will always say otherwise! I shall say that it may be a start of something new..." 

I sighed, knowing her words were right, eventually. I didn't regret it, I feared it. Fear that he may think that it was a one time thing. It may be that for him, but not for me! I wasn't the type of person who you would just fuck and leave...

"UGH!" I cried out of frustration.

Mia said calmly, "take a nap! You can think about this later."

"Right," I said and ended the call. Changing into my comfiest pyjamas, I was falling into oblivion as soon as my head hit the pillow. 

~The Dream/ Nightmare~

"Sydney," my mom murmured soothingly, as my head lay on her hospital bed. I was crying. Though, I maybe nine years old, I still know that she was going something that was extremely dreadful. "Sydney, look at me baby," I looked up at her. Her hair were missing from many sides, she was more thinner and her face looked pallid, almost ghostly. Only her eyes were alive, they had the same freshness and the slightly mischievous glint, "Sydney, your mommy is going to a better place. Look at Daddy there," she pointed to the man outside, talking to the nurse worriedly, my dad. I looked at her again, "he is going to take, very good care of you. He may be a little angry sometimes, but he loves you remember that..." she said feebly. I nodded at her and smiled slightly.

The dream changed, the same man who smiled at me then was now nothing but a monster, alive outside but dead inside. 

"You are the reason, your mom's dead!" he shouted at me fiercely and raised his hand to beat me with the broomstick. I waited for the blow, but he didn't deliver it, he waited and then said deliberately, "You look, just like her...Yet you are the reason she died, I won't stay with you! You are a murderess!" he cried but the blow didn't come. Slowly tracing his hand on my forearm he said, "But you aren't going to be here for long, are you Sydney?" he said, wickedly. I shrunk back, trying to escape him, but I knew that I couldn't. Then came the blows. He beat me two times but the third time, it was very strong. The broomstick broke, a piece of wood slashed through my skin. I was drowned in my own screams, begging for mercy and protection, wondering what happened to the man, who was now lost forever in my dreams...

~Dream/ Nightmare ~

I woke up, tears were running down my horror stricken face. These kind of vivid dreams had stopped after I had met Nate again after so many years. Yet they resurfaced today, I could almost feel the pain of that wood stuck in my back. Lifting my T-shirt, I turned back, there still was a scar there. Fading, yet still there.

While I was washing my face, I heard a knock on the door. Turning the tap off, I hurried to the main room door and swung it open. 

"Surprise!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO WHAT YA THINK OF THIS CHAPTER??? LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW. ALSO SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKES BUT I DIDN'T EDIT THE CHAPTER. IN FACT NONE OF MY CHAPS ARE EDITED SO JUST READ IT AND IGNORE THE TYPOS AND THE GRAMMATICAL ERRORS. 

ALSO PLEASE VOTE AND FOLLOW ME!