CHAPTER XX

SYDNEY PARKER

I do not know when or how I fell asleep. 

When I woke up, I was practically lying on top of Nate, his arms caging my figure and my head on his chest. (I kind of like this position, don't tell him I said that). But thing that surprised me was that he hadn't had a shirt on, though I knew he had this irritating habit when he was in school to sleep with his shirt off, but I didn't know he still did that, some habits never leave I guess.  I looked up at him, his mouth was slightly open and his hair all ruffled up. He looked much like the cocky and immature jerk I knew right now, yet his face was somehow tense and taut. 

My throat was parched, probably from all the crying. So I carefully got up, trying not to wake him and pried his hands away from my body. He shifted his position when I was off the bed and snuggled into the pillow and I made a bee line towards the kitchen.

Filling myself a glass of water, I replayed yesterday's events. I had almost told him everything, every single freaking thing. Though it kind of fell nice, to get the load off by telling it to someone. Some at least who was trust worthy. 

Deep lost in my thoughts, I hadn't noticed the silhouette of someone standing behind me. I jumped as soon as I saw it and the glass almost fell from my hands. 

"Woah! Jumpy in the mornings are you?" 

I turned. Nate was standing behind me, naked above the torso with his shorts hanging extremely lowly I may add, with a toothy grin plastered on his face.

"Don't do anything like that in future," I mumbled, embarrassed, and I do not know why I added this, "And, put a shirt on, Nate." 

"Why? Can't control yourself?" he asked, flashing me another of his stupid smirks and trailing his hands from his well defined chest to his delicious (wait a minute, what the fuck am I thinking again?) abs to his 'V'.

I gulped, trying to look unaffected and muttered, "No, because you are catching cold like that,"

He chuckled at my pathetic excuse and said, "It's like forty degrees outside,"

I groaned frustratingly and grumbled, "Will you please just put a shirt on?"

Chuckling again, Nate went past me saying in a sing song way, "Okay, okay. FINE! I will put a shirt on, because if I don't then Sid won't be able to control herself,"

I threw the kitchen cloth at his retreating back. 

           ***

Nate can cook really good, like the chef like cooking. 

I moaned with pleasure as the delicious pancake melted in my mouth. It was absolutely perfect. I quickly filled a few more mouthfuls. 

Nate was looking at me with a comical expression, feeling self conscious, I asked, "What?"

He smirked and said, "You still eat like a pig."

"Shut up," I grumbled.

"And moan while you eat," he continued.

"Shut up Nathaniel Williams," I grumbled, my hands inching towards the whisker. 

He held it out of my reach but thankfully shut up.

"I have a question," I asked him, gulping the water.

"Shoot," he said, looking at me, balancing his head on his palms, with his elbows on the kitchen counter.