CHAPTER XI

SYDNEY PARKER

"YOU MUST BE KIDDING ME!" shouted Mia and Patrick at me.

I had just completed telling them the whole Nate eats fiery lunch incident. I must have to say this, that these two are really great listeners. Mia, my best friend since college (which was in California post my father drama) is a fashion designer plus a make up artist. A combo, so whenever she wants to have some new hairstyle or present a new dress, I play guinea pig for her. Patrick, Mia's half brother and my only gay friend plus my best friend, works as an engineer. Though the job never suits him, his passion is to I quote, in his words (minus a sexy British accent and over dramatic aura)  'venture into the parts unknown, climb on the highest cliff, laze under the starry skies and follow wherever your heart takes you'. Cliche, yes I know, but that's his dream. His passion lies within art and culture, history and all yet I do not know why is he stuck here. These two jokers are the only two people who know each and every detail about my past, other than my dad who's rotting in some prison in California. 

Back to the topic. They were both really surprised that I could do such a deed. I mean, they know everything about my pranks but I feel, that when my dad took me from my hometown, where all my memories reside, I left something of me there. Something, I have felt being reignited inside me, since I met Nate again. Speaking of the devil, there were many video recordings trending on websites about the youngest and *coughs* the sexiest bachelor manically coughing and causing a raucous in one of the most expensive restaurants of the world. He even got half of the staff fired. It was only when I had apologised to him a hundred times, stayed at his home at nights (only because of his sleeping problems), was when he got their jobs back. Seriously, and people say I am evil. Anyways, all this drama evaporated once he was seen, with that Natasha Allen, very romantically kissing at a candle light dinner. Which isn't like him at all, he hates anything that is romantic.    

Also, she seems to be present everywhere, when he is at his house (she doesn't stay for nights), at his office (doing god knows what), at shopping malls, everywhere! Jeez, I sound like a stalker.

"Hey!" Mia hit me with her pillow.

"What?" 

"Thinking about the hot boy again," she said smugly.

"I WASN'T MIA! For the hundredth time," I shouted at her, picking up a pillow and aiming it at her.

"You know, she didn't even take a name, Soda," said Patrick, I do not know why he calls me Soda, he says that I am fizzy like it.

"That means you were thinking about him," drawled Mia.

I huffed in defeat and looked at my clock, it was 4...

"Mia, didn't you have meeting with someone at four thirty?" I inquired.

She blinked her eyes a few times, completely disoriented, when the realisation dawned upon her. "SHIT!" she shouted, "If I lose this deal, I am killing you!"

"I did nothing," I cried after her as she rushed past Patrick, more like limped because she had stubbed her toe purposefully, in order to prove that she is as strong as John Cena. I have idiots for friends.  

"You have work too?" I asked Patrick, eating up my Cheetos. 

"Yeah," he sighed woefully and got off from the bed.

"You know, if you want to leave your job and pursue the world tour dream of yours, you could leave that job of yours..."

"Yeah..." he drawled on, as if thinking something, "Hey, don't lock the door, I may be coming back...." I nodded at him, without saying another word, he picked up his coat and left my room, after giving me a BIG bear like hug. I almost choked from it, not like he cares. Then, I picked up the other pop-corn packets lying on the floor and the soda bottles. After that, I got ready for my steamy shower aka my own heaven. 

I stripped naked and got into the hot water. This really calms your nerves. Suddenly, I heard the bedroom door clicking open. Thinking it must be Patrick, I quickly wrapped myself into a towel and went outside, and then the horror dawns upon me.

In front of me is standing Nathaniel Maisie Williams, wide eyed, staring at my dripping body from up and down, and not even averting his eyes. WHAT. AN. IDIOT.

"What would you take to leave?" I asked him, trying to cover up my body as much as I could.

His disoriented gaze, focused upon me and he said, "Oh, I have news for you," he said smiling wickedly.

"Then wait outside, you idiot! Or I am gonna catch a bad cold..." I sneezed LOUDLY, and  motioned him to get out.

He nodded and was about to leave, when I quickly tried to grab my clothes. YES I TRIED. But failed. WHY , you ask!? Because apparently, my body had to put all its clumsiness at display today, in front of my freaking boss. Yes, people. I TRIPPED. I fucking tripped. And the towel, fell aside. But instead of falling on the ground, I fell in a pair of arms, wrapping around me securely. 

I felt goosebumps on my naked skin. HOLY FUCK. My mind was not working properly. I was in his arms and my breasts were pressed against his expensive suit. His hands were wrapped dangerously low on by body, which gave me weird and unfamiliar tingly feelings at the base of my stomach. My breathing had gone more ragged, and so had his. I could feel his heart beating faster, mirroring mine. I looked up, his eyes were a shade darker and he looked at me intently, almost hungrily. 

Slowly he guided his hands upwards. From my hips, over my flat stomach, circling my breasts and neck and then finally to my face. He slowly massaged my temples and then my cheekbones, sensuously. I had no idea what the hell was happening, but for some unknown reason, I wanted him to continue it. His hands caressed the corner of my lips, his eyes staring intently at me, as if right through my soul.

He finally started to lean in, deliberately slowly. I couldn't think straight now. His fresh aftershave scent had already intoxicated my senses. So I did the least sensible thing I could do, I closed my eyes and leaned in.

His lips brushed over mine lightly, yet sending ripples of pleasure all over my body. Just as he was about to seal the kiss, the door opened and someone shouted,

"What the FUCK is happening here!!!!" 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I HAVE ONLY TWO THINGS TO SAY:

1. DON'T KILL ME.

2. THANKS FOR READING PEEPS.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT. I LOVE YOU ALL.