CHAPTER V

SYDNEY

I have been in this conference room since an hour with nothing to do except sit and make notes. Frankly its getting kind of boring, except the fact that in front of me sit ten really good looking gentlemen.

Of course the eleventh one is more than good looking. He is a sex god.

Yeah... No wait, of course not. Why are you here again?

I am you.

Oh okay. But seriously Nate is not that handsome.

Yeah I guess that is the reason why you dream about him.

Not this AGAIN. It was a Mistake, period.

Was not.

Was too.

Was not.

Was too.

Was too.

Was not.

See told you! Ha!

Hey!

"Great," I mutter grumpily. Nate, I do not know how he heard me, raised an eyebrow quickly glancing at me. I shook my head at him and he resumed whatever he was talking about. Since yesterday's dream, I haven't been able to look him in the eye. Hell! Even if I look at him, I unknowingly blush. It's way too embarrassing.

***

After another half an hour, the conference was finally over. I got up and collected the files, while Nate shook hands with all the members. However two of them stayed back, I guess one of them was someone named Lucas. After the members left, Nate punched Lucas on the arm and said angrily, " I told you not to bring the Scotland Deal up, yet you did!" Lucas simply grinned at him widely and replied, "That is the reason, why I did bring it up," Nate muttered a few profanities while Lucas laughed at him. The other one however was staring at me, like the creepy staring. Well maybe not at me but at my butt. He also occasionally glanced at me during the meeting which I considered hell creepy. I quickly kept the files in the shelves and turned towards him, hiding my butt from his view completely. It was my dress' fault, it was much older than my other ones and was much tighter. He winked at me and a small smirk came to his face. Nate turned towards me and smiled.

He introduced me to them. One of them was Lucas, with his blonde hair and sharp, piercing blue eyes he was very good looking. He was Nate's partner in business and his best friend since college. The creepy guy was Mathew, again Nate's partner in business and a good friend. But unlike Lucas, there was something off about Mathew, I just couldn't put a name on it. "-That is good," Lucas' phone ringed when he and I were talking about some hotel deal, he gave me an apologetic smile as he went to answer the phone. Mathew stood up and came towards me, much closer than I like him to and told Nate that he will be taking his leave too. But before going, he took my hand and kissed it. His lips lingered there for a while. Nate, beside me tensed and nodded tersely at Mathew.

I grimly smiled at him as he went out the door. "What the hell was that!?" Nate asked me angrily.

"What?" I was perplexed. What did I do now?

"You were flirting with my business partner,"

"No, I wasn't," I replied angrily. I didn't even talk to Mathew. Was he dumb? Oh wait silly question. Of course he was.

"You were! I saw you both stealing glances at each other during the meeting and now this!,"

By now I was indeed pissed off. "No, he was doing that! And by the way what is it matter with you if your employee flirts with someone?"

"You are right. It's not my place," he took a step forward and caged me in his arms. Déjà vu, I must say. He looked me straight in the eye and continued in his low voice, "But it's you we are talking about here. You are not to flirt with ANYONE. Do you get that, Sydney?" his voice had gone several octaves low yet it was firm as if asking to be obeyed without any second thoughts. I nodded quietly, daring not to disobey him. He nodded at me, satisfied. But before leaving the room he turned slightly and said, "Oh and Sid! Do not wear anything that tight again, its distracting you know!"

"Pervert," I muttered whereas he chuckled quietly and left.

NATHANIEL

"You couldn't keep your eyes off Sydney today, could you?" Lucas asked me with a bottle of cheap beer in his hand.

"I do not know what are you talking about Luke," I retorted quietly.

Lucas chuckled quietly for some unknown reason and said, "You really shouldn't bother denying that. Never have I ever seen you stealing glances from a woman like that. No matter how hot she may not be and never have you ever introduced your PA to us like that in such a warm fashion. So I am curious, how do you know her?" This guy is very observant.

"She is my old childhood friend.." I sighed.

"WHAT! As in the Sydney that disappeared ten years ago?" he shrieked. 

I nodded mutely, Lucas was the only person to whom I have told about my past freely.

"The same Sydney you had a crush on?" Lucas asked suggestively. I laughed quietly but didn't reply. It was true that I had a crush on her. Despite so many girls wanting me, I only wanted her. But she didn't. It wasn't that she didn't specifically want me, she wasn't interested in any boys of our grade (thankfully). So I tried another way to gain her attention, pranks. And it did, we became better friends somehow by throwing pranks on each other, yet she was a mystery to me. She knew much about me but I didn't know anything about her parents except that her mom died in a car accident. She was a mystery and I had made it my mission to unravel her.

And also to win her heart. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THANKS FOR READING PEOPLE. SYDNEY'S OUTFIT ABOVE, JUST IGNORE THE HEELS.