CHAPTER XII

SYDNEY PARKER

"WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING HERE!!" Patrick shouted.

His eyes were wide as saucers, brows scrunched up together and cheeks red as a tomato, probably because of what he was witnessing. If it had been any other time, I would have laughed at his constipated face. Nathaniel's eyes were still full of lust and he was eyeing Patrick with a deathly glare. If looks could kill, he'd already be six feet under.

Without waiting for them to prance at each other, I ushered them out and closed the door. Leaning on the door, I recalled the past events. His touches were so gentle and heavenly, I so wanted it to happen again. But, isn't that his speciality, to make girls feel what he wants them to, have a nice fuck and leave them like fools who even fell for his charms??? UHHH.... this so frustrating!! 

While dressing up appropriately, this though never left my mind. What if he regrets it!

Hell, you didn't even kiss! you moron...

Still, what if he thinks that pursuing this was a mistake?

YOU DIDN'T PURSUE ANYTHING! For heaven's sake woman! Go outside, there are two idiots who may rip each other's heads off whilst your unreasonable talks.

Yeah, you're right...

I wiped the sheen of sweat that had collected on my forehead with the back of my hand and opened the door hesitantly. In front of me, on the couch sat Nate glaring at the wall, Patrick practically eye raping Nate and Mia gazing between them confusedly. Great, talk about awkward. 

I cleared my throat and three pair of eyes looked at me attentively. Patrick opened his mouth to speak something but I silenced him with a glare, yet he protested like an idiot. 

I turned to Nate and asked him, trying not to reply our previous encounter in my mind, " You wanted to tell me about something?"

Before he could reply, Mia shrieked, "THIS IS YOUR BOSS!" 

Seriously, how naive is she!

I nodded at her, hoping she'd quiet down but she scrambled in between us and said expectantly, "Sir, why don't you sit? What would you like to have tea or coffee? After all, this is certainly not the way to treat my best friend's-"

"MIA! Didn't you have a meeting!" I asked her, my voice an octave higher, to prevent her from completing that statement.

"No, it got cancelled, she replied without even looking at me and fixated her eyes on Nate, still waiting for his answer.

He answered slowly, with a small smile, "I guess, I could spare a minute or two-"

"Great," replied Mia, over-enthusiastically and made a beeline towards the kitchen. Patrick shouted behind her, " I'll have a green tea!" 

"COME AND GET IT YOURSELF!" shouted Mia. I followed behind her quietly, shaking my head.

                                                                                          ***

"I am Mia, her best friend," she replied. We were currently sitting in my living room, introducing my best friends to Nate but for some reason whenever Patrick tried to speak something to me, Nate would glare furiously at him and so Patrick talked to me, more than what was required. WHAT'S THEIR PROBLEM! 

"Before I say who I am, I would appreciate if these types of ahem," looking between me and Nate, "encounters do not take place in my house" he emphasised upon the word 'my'. Did I mention that my house belonged to Patrick's some cousin? Well, it did.

Nate's serene eyes, burned with anger and he put the coffee cup down forcibly and muttered through his gritted teeth, "his house?"

Mia winced as he did that and I laughed nervously and said, "Yeah.... It's his house...Wh-"

I was interrupted by his phone, whilst he picked it up and talked in shushed tones. I looked at Mia and she seemed as confused as I was with his outburst. He cut the phone and looked at all of us and said, " I am sorry, I must go now. There's an important meeting and it was a pleasure to meet you," he directed the you at Mia and started walking towards the door, without even glancing at Patrick. 

What is happening. How did the atmosphere change so quickly! Mia kicked me, which brought me back to my senses and I followed Nate, who was now standing at the door.

"You wanted to say something, when you came here?" I asked him.

He turned his gaze towards me, it was steely and hostile. I almost flinched back under his eyes. He spoke in the same cold voice, "There's a meeting in Paris, we would need to leave by six in the morning. You will be coming, the seats are already booked."

I nodded and opened my mouth to say something but he turned and walked away without another word, his posture stiff and taut. Something inside me broke, when he walked away like that. I do not know why but tears started welling up at the corner of my eyes. Am I PMSing?

I walked in and looked at neither Patrick and Mia, and ran inside my room locking myself in. Thankfully, they didn't came and asked me what was wrong. 

                                                                                     ***

I cried for a little while, I still do not know why. Why am I crying over this guy!?

Because you-

NO I DO NOT LIKE HIM.

I tried convincing myself that, until my phone ringed, "Hello?" I asked without looking from whom was it.

"Is, this Miss Sydney Parker?" a crisp and blunt voice of a woman spoke.

"Yes," I answered hesitantly.

"Ms. Parker, this your lawyer..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOT EDITED SO IT MAY BE VERY CRAPPY.

ALSO I WON'T BE ABLE TO POST THIS WEEKEND SO I WILL POST A CHAPTER MAYBE BY FRIDAY OR THURSDAY.

THANKS AND PLEASE KEEP VOTING/COMMENTING.