CHAPTER XXII

SYDNEY PARKER

"Hey," Mia said and slid on my bed, beside me.

"How are you?" Lila, slid on the other side.

I looked at both of them, both looking haggard, tired and somehow insulted. 

I asked them, "What happened?"

They both sighed and replied, "We kind of got kicked out,"

I chuckled and asked, "Really?"

Their faces broke into small smiles and they nodded their heads. I shook my head at both of them.

Mia suddenly sat up and exclaimed, "The reunion party is today!"

Lila screeched, "SH*T!"

Then both of them screeched at the top of their voice, at the same time, "WE DON'T HAVE CLOTHES!"

I laughed at my best friends. To be honest, I felt sad and aggravated. Something broke inside me when I saw both of them almost kissing and all, but I guess this is just the way things work. Somethings cannot be always achieved by you.

"Oh and by the way!" Mia said loudly, "We gotta pick up Patrick from the airport today!"

I groaned and sat up.

***

"All the single ladies, all the single ladies," Patrick exited from the security check, singing at the top of his voice. All of them( the police guards and other passengers) looked at him weirdly. Mia and Lila were in hysterics seeing him. 

Upon seeing us, he waved at us and shouted, "Oi! Sexy old ladies! Pretty old ladies!"

I swear to God, I don't know that guy.

***

"Nice meeting you Lila," Patrick smiled and hugged Lila.

She blushed slightly. I mean, that's the reaction of the single lady when an extremely hot guy hugs her, well mostly. 

Mia whispered in her ear, "He's gay, sorry for interrupting all your dirty fantasies,"

Lila smacked Mia's arm aggressively. 

"Oi! How's my sexy old queen?" he asked me, while engulfing me in a big hug.

"What's with you and all the old sexiness?" I asked confused. 

He just smiled at me and then picked up Mia and gave her a twirl. He is kind of the best brother you could ever ask for.

"Oh and by the way," he said sheepishly to her, "I destroyed your Mac Book," (not noticing her horrified expression).

Well, maybe not all the times.

***

"Dress shopping?" Mia asked, while sipping from her coffee.

Lila nodded excitedly while I groaned, "How can you even walk after waiting for three hours at that airport?"

Mia pouted and whined, "Don't be a mood spoiler!"

"I ain't joining you ladies, gotta meet up with someone," interrupted Patrick, but I didn't notice the slight blush that crept up on his neck when he said 'someone'.

"Someone?" Lila teased, suggestively. Look he can make best friends that fast!

"We need full details after you meet this 'someone'," I smirked.

Patrick, now red as a tomato absorbed himself in his phone, ignoring us.

"Who invited you anyways?" Mia huffed. She isn't talking to him, especially after he dropped the 'Mac Book' bomb.