CHAPTER XXIV

SYDNEY PARKER

Nate was having so much trouble controlling his anger.

"Natasha," he asked, desperately reigning himself, "We are in middle of a something now...So...TTYL?" (he almost shouted the TTYL)

"No Nathaniel," WOW this is the first time she is calling him by his full name in her snarky voice, I better listen carefully, "I just have something to say,"

She increased the amplitude of her voice, so that the crowd gathering around us could hear too, "Ladies and Gentlemen, I am presenting you Sydney Williams- a slutty and obnoxious person, who can do nothing but be engaged in destroying and ruining other's lives!" 

Well the crowd was getting thicker and I was hopelessly searching for my group, Natasha continued her monologue in the same sly voice, "Well what else can be expected from a person who hails from such a sad and pathetic family!"

Ouch, that hurt. 

"Whose father is still heads over heels her dead mother, turned into an alcoholic and abuses his daughter! And an absolutely pitiable mother who dies of cancer leaving Oh-what-a- pathetic- excuse-of- daughter!"

"Wonder why she left ya all!" she roared, while I was planted on the spot, so was Nate, absolutely frozen, "Because her father acquiesced to her wish of being sold off for sex! And now" she turned towards Nate, "The CEO of Williams Industries is taking his liking on her, he cares for her. But Natty baby, do you think that you deserve an old ungrateful bitch like her?"

Finally training her eyes on me, she said, "Serves a slut like you rightly, you motherfucking bitch!"

I wasn't aware of what was happening, well I kind of was but wasn't registering what was happening. I couldn't feel the gasp of the crowd when she revealed my story, well part of it anyways. I could see the dark eyes of everyone settle upon me, some filled with sorrow and some with smugness. 

But the truth was , I couldn't hear her speaking all those harsh words. I pictured him. What was left of my father, a lifeless monster hurting me with all those brutal words, destroying my self esteem, confidence and all the memories of him being nice and caring. I saw him.

"Slut!"

"Bitch!"

"Murderer!" 

All those words were ringing in my ears from my past. Black spots were appearing in front of my eyes. When Natasha opened her mouth to say something one more time, I inwardly cried "no! Please no more!" but all I could get out was a strangled scream and big tears flowing out of my eyes.

"ENOUGH!" I heard a voice roar, I think it was Nate's and lunged towards Natasha. Her face transformed into one full of fright.

The black spots around my vision were becoming more prominent. The last thing I knew was, falling on the ground, my friends rushing towards me and then me succumbing to the abhorrent screams of my father.

***

"How is she doctor?" I could hear a voice around me say, a very familiar one.

"She is completely fine right now. Looks like the words she heard seemed to have an extremely traumatic effect on her, some old memories and other feelings caused her difficulty in breathing and hence the oxygen supply was minimised in the brain. Therefore she fainted,"

"Would she need any more medication?" a female voice asked, quite frantically I may add.

"No, not at the moment. But maybe, a few visits to a psychiatrist would help,"