CHAPTER NINE

When I woke up, he was gone. He had left a bowl of fruit and a small bottle of water, along with another puzzle. I shook my head, resting my head on top of my arms on the counter.

Hours went by, the fruit and water were gone and the puzzle was finished. It was dark outside, but he still wasn't back. I waited a few more minutes before I heard a car pull into the driveway outside.

He came in, slamming the door behind him. "Sir?" I'm caught off guard as he suddenly spins the chair around and slams his lips onto mine. A few seconds pass before he pulls back and I'm trying to catch my breath.

He gently tilts my head up, allowing me to make eye contact with him. "Who do you belong to, darling?" He held my head in place, his eyes flickering down to my lips for a brief moment before we made eye contact again.

"Only you, sir." A smile forms on his face before he steps back and walks over to the fridge, grabbing a bottle of water. I noticed a few dark red spots on his shirt and began to panic.

"Sir, is that blood on your shirt?" I could feel my heart beginning to race. Oh my god he's going to kill me. He set the water bottle down on the counter before walking back over towards me.

He stayed silent, standing in front of me and lightly trailing a finger along one of my arms. "P-please don't kill me, sir." I tried to make eye contact with him, but he seemed to be focusing on the movements of his finger.

I tried to fight against him as he leaned forward to kiss me. He then roughly grabbed my wrists, holding them in one hand as he turned my head to look at him. I tried to pull my hands out of his grip, fear quickly taking over. I don't want to die. I don't want to die. I don't want to—

"Enough!" He suddenly shouts, causing me to freeze. "I'm not going to kill you." I could see the anger in his eyes, along with a hint of sincerity. He let go of my wrists, making me realize how much my hands were shaking.

"But isn't that what you're supposed to do?" I ask as he walks away, going over by the stove to pick up his water bottle before leaning against the counter. "You took me and I know what you look like, so that must mean something." He only smirked, opening the bottle and taking a small sip.

"I was never going to kill you, doll." He says quietly, placing the bottle on the counter again. "And even if I was, I couldn't do it. Can't let your beauty go to waste." I looked away, trying to keep the blush from tinting my cheeks.

I could see him smile out of the corner of my eye, he did that on purpose. He walked over, standing in front of me before running a hand down my torso. He began to trace his fingers along my inner thighs, he kept moving closer to a certain area and I became nervous.

"You should be happy that I'm the one who took you. Because if it were any other man," He suddenly pressed his hand down on my crotch. I quickly turned to look at him. "You'd be de-flowered before you could even scream."

His tone was harsh, one that sent chills down my spine. I noticed how close he was, I could feel his breath on my lips as he spoke, "Lucky for you, I'm not going to do that." He stepped back, allowing me to calm down a little.

"What are you going to do, then?" He laughed quietly before placing a quick kiss on my lips.

"You'll find out soon, darling." He says before grabbing his water bottle and walking back to his room.

***

A while later I was still thinking about his response. I was brought out of my thoughts as I heard a loud crash come from his room followed by his voice. "For the last time Alexander, he's not up for sale! "

There was a pause before an angered shout. "I don't care about your offers, if you wanted him you should've taken him!" Then it was silent.

A few minutes later he walked out of his room, angrily mumbling incoherent words as he walked over to his desk, not seeming to acknowledge me. "Sir? Are you okay?"

He turned to look at me before shaking his head, sitting down at his desk and beginning to work. "I'm fine, jewel." He says quietly, scribbling on a paper before tossing it in the bin beside his desk.

"Why do you call me that?" He pauses for a moment, tapping his pen against the surface of his desk. "What? Jewel?" I nod even though he wasn't looking. "Yes."

"I call you that because you're beautiful, but you have the rare kind of beauty—like a diamond or an opal." I felt my face heat up at his words.

"T-thank you, sir." I quickly turn away as he looks over at me. "You're welcome, jewel." I could hear the smile in his voice as he spoke. I turn back around to see he went back his work.

I needed to stop doing this, smiling and blushing just because he compliments me. I mean, sure, sometimes he's nice but overall he's still my captor and I can't trust him.

I began to mess with the chains, seeing the faint bruises on my wrists from all the times I'd been tied down. "Something on your mind, darling?" The sudden sound of his voice from behind me makes my heart skip a beat.

"No, sir." He sighs, causing his breath to run down my neck. I close my eyes as I feel his lips on the underside of my jaw. "Are you sure? You've been awfully quiet the past few minutes." He continued, moving on to place kisses down my neck.

I quickly nod my head and try to keep my breathing calm. "Y-yes, sir. I-I'm sure." He hummed in response before his footsteps faded to another area of the room.

I managed to calm down enough to open my eyes, seeing he had pulled a chair over and sat down next to me, smiling as he leaned back in the chair. He stayed silent, staring at me for a few minutes. "What?" I suddenly snap, seeing him sit up straight at my response.

He just smirked. "You're fighting it." He says calmly, I cross my arms over my chest. "Fighting what?" He laughed, moving closer to me.

"You like it when I touch you, but you're trying not to show it." He placed his hand on my knee, looking up to make eye contact with me. "A needy little virgin like you," He slowly pushed my knees apart, moving to stand between my legs. I could hear my heart beating in my ears.

"You crave the contact, but yet, you resist." He lightly traced my jaw, before tilting my head up to look at him. I couldn't stop the blush from rising to my cheeks, he seemed to smile at that.

"And if you want to resist, that's okay." He brushed his lips against my ear. "But I won't make it easy." He says before placing a quick kiss under my ear. There was no doubt that I was flustered, and I could tell he was proud of himself for that.

Next thing I knew, he had stepped back and was leaning against the counter, arms crossed over his chest with an accomplished smirk on his face. "And it seems that I won this time." His eyes raked over my body and I quickly crossed my legs, my face feeling hotter.

"I should do this again, you look pretty when you're flustered." He places his hands on the armrests, our faces centimeters apart. In a brief moment he closes the space between us. I quickly place my hands on his chest to push him away, only to give in.

He pulled back suddenly, a small smile on his face. He quickly kissed my cheek before walking over to the light switch and turning it off. A few moments later his lips were on my neck before he spoke, "Goodnight, doll." I reached up to touch the spot he kissed once he walked away.

I knew this feeling well, it was something I was hoping wouldn't happen. But he had to be nice, and—unfortunately—handsome. I wasn't going to let my feelings win, I had to get away.

I was not going to fall in love with him.