CHAPTER THIRTEEN

We wound up not talking for a while, maybe he was on edge about almost being my first. We were sitting on the couch as the television played quietly, some show about time travel I guess.

He played with my hair as my head rested in his lap, leaving me to my thoughts. How long have I been here? Last I knew, it was the thirtieth of June.... "Sir?" I say suddenly, causing his attention to turn to me.

"Yes, darling?" He goes back to playing with my hair, an emotionless expression on his face. "What's today?" I didn't want what I feared to be true. He quickly checked his phone, looking back at me afterwards. "The twenty-fourth, why?"

I felt my heart sink to my stomach. "T-today's my b-birthday, s-sir." I manage to force out the words before tears began to fall. He sighs sadly, moving my position so that I was sitting on his lap. He presses his thumb to my cheek, wiping away fallen tears.

I didn't want to believe it—I was spending my twentieth birthday as a hostage. That's when I became angry. I started hitting his chest, not really having much effect until he grabbed my wrists and held them in place.

"Calm down, doll." He says before gently kissing my cheek. I screwed my eyes shut at the contact; I didn't want his affection—not now, not ever. He was just some criminal who ruined my life.

"Why did you have to take me, sir?" He raised an eyebrow at my question. "You know why, darling—" I quickly shook my head, wiping away the newly fallen tears after he had released my wrists.

"No, not that. Why me, when there's plenty of other pretty boys you could've taken that would have made you rich? I'm just...me." I rested my head on his chest as tears continued to fall.

He shook his head, pressing his lips to my temple. "How old are you now?" He quickly changes the subject, rubbing my back in a form of comfort.

"Twenty, sir. Why, how old are you?" He smiled before placing another kiss on my cheek. "Not much older than you are, darling." I shook my head, biting my lip to hold back a smile. He looked up at me, an unfamiliar sparkle in his eyes.

"What?" I ask, he only smiles, brushing his thumb across my lower lip. "How did I manage to get a pretty boy like you?" I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest.

"By putting a gun to my head, sir." He laughed, kissing the side of my neck. "It worked, didn't it?" I felt his breath on my neck as he spoke. "Whatever. You still took me, and I would much rather be at home with kirs—" He cut me off by slamming his lips onto mine.

A warm feeling spread through my veins, making my face feel hot and my fingers tingle. I hesitated for a moment before letting my hands tangle in his hair.

Don't give in. You can't fall for him. He quickly moved my position so that I was sitting on his lap with my knees on either sides of his hips. One of his hands trailed up underneath my shirt to place firmly on my back while the other held my chin in place.

He took the chance to shove his tongue into my mouth as I moaned into the kiss after the hand that was on my back moved to suddenly press down on my groin. I let one of my hands trail down from its place to grip his shirt in my fist.

I was gasping for air as he pulled back, beginning to attack my neck, along with the rest of the space exposed by the loose collar of the shirt he gave me. He roughly bit down on the hollow of my throat, bringing a loud moan past my lips. He placed a kiss on the now sore spot.

"There's that pretty sound I love to hear." I lowered my head so I could look at him. As much as I wanted this to continue, there was a promise he'd made that he was close to breaking.

"For someone who's letting me keep my virginity, you've been quite touchy lately." I say, raising an eyebrow. He seemed to realize what he was doing, his previous demeanor faded before he began apologizing and adjusting the collar of my shirt with shaking hands.

He mumbled one last apology before moving me off his lap to go into the kitchen. I shook my head before following after him. He didn't seem to notice my presence when I came in, his focus on whatever he was making on the stove.

Ever since we came to the conclusion that I'd be staying with him permanently, he was letting me have more freedom around the house. I walked over to him, his back still facing me. I just barely brushed my fingertips against his arm before I was pinned against the counter, his face centimeters away from mine.

"Really trying to sneak up on me, doll?" I shook my head, eyes wide. "N-no, sir." He smiled, gently tilting my head up to place his lips on mine. He held the kiss for about a minute before pulling back and going back to the stove.

I held a shaky hand up to my mouth, falling to my knees as the reality hit me.

I'm falling for him.