CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

Awhile after we had dinner, we were laying on the couch together as a movie played quietly in the background. I was laying on top of him, with my head resting on his chest as he ran a hand up and down my back, his other hand holding one of mine. Eventually he managed to get his hand under the shirt I was wearing, tracing patterns on the small of my back.

A comfortable silence hung in the air as he softly hummed a tune to a song I remember hearing on the radio before he took me. Then his humming stopped, I looked up at him to see he had fallen asleep. Smiling to myself, I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

***
It was still dark outside when I woke up again. This time I was by myself, as Scott had most likely got up to do more work. I sat up to see him walk into the living room, carrying a cup of tea before placing a glass filled with what looked to be cranberry juice on the table in front of me.

He leaned down and briefly placed his lips on mine before pulling back with a smile. "Sleep well, darling?" He asks as he walks over to sit in the floral patterned lounge chair before beginning to drink his tea. I slowly nod before picking up the cup and taking a sip of the juice.

I glance over at the window again, remembering why I'm here. "What time is it, sir?" I didn't really notice that I had spoken, getting lost in the memories of home. He picked his phone up off the table and turning it on. "5:30." I slowly nod my head before I heard his phone start to ring.

He smiled at me, bringing his phone up to his ear before walking into the kitchen. A few minutes passed before he quickly walked out of the kitchen before pulling me up off the couch. "Go into your room, shut the door and stay in there till I come for you." I pulled the blanket I was using over my shoulders a bit more before he gently kissed my nose.

"I'll tell you what's happening later, okay doll?" I quickly nod my head, to then briskly walk to my room and closing the door. I placed my back against the cold wood of the door before sliding down to sit down against it.

It was quiet for a few seconds before I heard the door slam and a loud voice. I could hear my heart beating in my ears, closing my eyes and wishing Scott wouldn't get hurt. When it all became silent, I reached up and slowly turned the doorknob before looking out to see what was going on.

A large man with pitch black hair had Scott pinned against the wall with a hand around his neck. I couldn't hear what they were saying but all of a sudden the other man turned to look at me before beginning to walk towards me.

I quickly closed the door before moving into one of the dark corners where the light couldn't reach. I jumped as the door swung open, bringing light into the room. I tried to stay quiet as tears began to fall. "I know you're in here, little one. Don't try to hide from me."

My heart nearly stopped as he looked over to where I was sitting. He smirked before walking over to me and pulling me up by my arms so that I was standing in front of him. "Hello there, lovely." I tried to get away from him as he took both my wrists in one of his hands.

He placed his other hand on the side of my face till I quickly turned my head away, causing him to growl and roughly grab my chin to turn my head back towards him. "Scott!" I screamed, trying to get him to help me. The man in front of me only laughed, his grip on my chin tightening.

"Screaming won't do you any good, little one. Your precious lover can't help you now." He spoke before dragging me out of the room. I lost all hope as he pulled me past Scott's unconscious body that laid on the floor. I managed to gather enough strength to pull my hands free and run over to Scott, kneeling down beside him.

I tried to wake him up but the other man came over and lifted me up by my waist and carrying me towards the door despite my struggle. He had brought me outside and shoved me into the trunk of a car before pulling my hands up and zip-tying them together.

Tears began to fall freely as he slammed the trunk closed before I heard his footsteps fade away. After a minute of banging against the roof of the trunk and screaming to try and get help. I gave up, knowing that it was pointless now.

I jumped as I heard a loud bang on the side of the car, but I could only believe that it was the man getting into the car and slamming the door. I began to get worried as I didn't feel the engine start. Suddenly the sound of keys came from outside the trunk.

I screwed my eyes shut as the sudden light from outside stung my eyes. I felt my heart skip a beat as I saw Scott standing over me. "Oh my god, y-you're okay." He says as he lifts me out of the trunk before pulling me in for a hug.

He suddenly pulled back before looking down at my bound wrists, bringing them up to his lips and placing a gentle kiss over the ties. "He didn't hurt you, did he?" I quickly shook my head, allowing him to cut the ties open with the car keys.

I let more tears fall as he pulled me into another hug, knowing that I was safe. "I didn't think you'd save me." He gently kissed the top of my head before beginning to rub my back. "I-I thought you'd let him take me..." He sighed, gently pushing me back to where I could see his face.

He looked upset, with dried tear streaks on his cheeks. "Why do you think I'd do that?" I sighed, backing away as far as I could before the back of my legs hit the bumper of the car. "Because y-you're my captor, sir." He shook his head, placing his hand on the side of my face to wipe away a falling tear.

"That doesn't mean I don't care about you and your safety." I smiled a little as he brought his hand down and gently brushed his thumb across my lip. "You'll always protect me, sir?" He nodded, smiling at me before gently placing his lips on mine. I bit my lip as he pulled back, resting his forehead against mine.

"Always, jewel."