CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

Scott hadn't been home for most of the day, but it started to feel a bit strange when he didn't even come back after eight at night. I constantly checked the time, beginning to worry. Kirstie went back to her house, so I was by myself to figure this out. Eventually I had fallen asleep on the couch waiting for him.

I woke up to the sound of the front door slamming shut. "Scott?" I say quietly as I see the familiar tall shadow in the doorway. He didn't seem to hear me so I sat up, making my voice a bit louder. "Scottie?" It's not that he wasn't hearing me, he was ignoring me. I watched him walk towards the bedroom for a few seconds before getting up to follow him.

I followed him all the way to the bedroom, hoping to get his attention, only to have the door slammed in my face as he walked inside. I stood in my place for a few seconds, complete shock taking over me. Maybe he's drunk, or just really tired. I slowly pushed the door open, seeing Scott had already fallen asleep.

I laid down next to him, curling up to his warmth. Suddenly he pushed me off the bed before rolling over to face the opposite direction. Asshole. I got up from the floor, dusting myself off before walking out of the bedroom and slamming the door behind me.

***

I was in the kitchen making breakfast when he came in. He wrapped his arms around my waist and gently kissed the side of my neck. "Good morning, doll." I put down the spatula I had in my hand and roughly pushed his hands off of me.

I turned to face him, feeling anger burn bright in my chest. "Don't be sweet to me after you treated me like shit last night. Where did you even—" Then I noticed it. I quickly tugged down the collar of his shirt to see dark hickeys scattered around his collarbone and all over his upper chest.

"Y-you asshole!" I could already feel the tears form as I slapped him. I gasped as he roughly grabbed my wrists and forced me back into the counter. He held my wrists in one hand in the space between us, his other hand gripping the edge of the counter so that we didn't fall.

"I don't know who you think you are, little one. But I think it would be wise if you remember how you got back to this shitty apartment of yours." I let out a quiet gasp as he slowly tightened his grip on my wrists.

"I could call the cops. I bet they'd be happy to take your ass in." I made eye contact with him, not seeing the familiar spark that was in his eyes when he looked at me. "I don't know why I trusted you." He only laughed, roughly tugging me forward so that we were close enough that our noses nearly touched.

"It's not that hard to gain a virgin's trust, Mitchell. All you need to do is act like you love 'em and then pretend you care about them while you screw their tight ass for the first time." He roughly grabbed my ass as he spoke the last few words.

"You didn't care about that? I-I let you take my virginity and it was just an act?" He smirked, nodding his head slowly before releasing his grip on my wrists and walking towards the entrance to the kitchen.

"You said you wouldn't take advantage of me, you said you loved me! I should have known better than to trust a lowlife criminal like you. Maybe I would've been better off being sold to one of your friends. At least they'd tell me that my only purpose for them was to be their fuck toy."

I let out a gasp as Scott quickly walked back over, grabbing me by my wrists before pinning me against the fridge with my arms above my head as he held a hand over my throat, my eyes going wide as he began to slowly tighten his grip. "It's so nice to see the fear in your eyes again, doll. I didn't even think you'd stoop so low as to wanting to be someone else's slut." He made eye contact with me, tapping my jaw in a silent way to tell me to turn my head.