CHAPTER THIRTY*

Welcome Back. ;)
Re-written*
———

Five months later...

I'll never be able to forget when I was taken. I lost the ability to trust anyone after what Scott did, so I was left by myself, shutting the world out for fear of someone else turning against me.

I was told that they arrested the men from the business and that they were going to prison for life. But I was never told what happened to Scott.

I slowly recovered from the many doses of the drugs they had me on while I was being held hostage. A few days I'd crave it, but I mostly held myself together to keep from going back.

I had just got home from work, wanting to do nothing but lay down and sleep. But when I walked into my room, a piece of paper was on my bed with a tape recorder next to it. I slowly walked over, letting out a sigh as I dropped my bag by the door.

I picked up the letter, instantly recognizing the sloppy writing to be from my former captor, Scott.

Mitchell,
I know you hate me. I know I did the worst thing I could have ever done to you and that you'll never forgive me for it. But if you want to know why, press play.

I looked down at the recorder, beginning to worry. Is he here? Is he going to take me back? I picked it up with a shaky hand and pressed play. The recording began with what seemed to be shuffling sounds, as if people were walking around.

"Why'd you call me here, Lewis? You know I don't like to be kept away from Mitchell." I felt my heart skip a beat at the sound of Scott's voice. There were a few more shuffling sounds before another man spoke.

"We know very well about that pretty little hostage of yours. And that's why you're here, to make a deal." It all went silent for a few seconds before the man spoke again.

"We want your boy-toy here in the business. Well, more specifically your father wants him." A few grunts came from what sounded like Scott before he continued speaking.

"We've decided to make a deal with you. If you can bring your boy back here by seven o'clock tomorrow morning, we'll give you forty thousand dollars. But if not, I'll have you brought back here personally and you can watch my men gut and fuck your pretty little lover that night." I gasped, holding a hand up to my mouth. He was protecting me?

"You know I can't do that to him, jer, I love him and I don't want to be the one that breaks his heart." There was a group of laughs before a voice spoke again. "I don't think you have a choice, Hoying. Either you bring him to us or he's dead." There was silence for a minute.

"I'll do it. But You have to promise me he won't get hurt." A groan came from the second man before a response came. "Fine. But I make no promises for my men." Then the recorder switched off and I was left in silence.

If Scott was protecting me, why didn't he save me? "You know I wasn't really planning on this to happen." I jumped as I heard Scott's familiar voice from behind me, turning around to see him standing by the door to my room. "But seeing that you're happy now, I'd say I made the right decision."

I panicked, frantically searching for some kind of weapon to fight back with. "Stay away from me, please. I don't want to go back with you." He shook his head, slowly backing me up against the wall. "I'm not here for that."

I felt memories surface as my back hit the wall and he pressed his body against mine. "I want to start over, I missed you the second I had to give you to the business." Bullshit.