CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

The next morning we were in the kitchen as he cleaned off the scars around my wrists left from the cuffs. "Why did you lie to me?" I looked up at him once I heard his voice. "What do you mean?" I quickly look away as he rinses the bloodied cloth off in the sink before continuing to work on my wrists.

"You said he didn't hurt you, when clearly these scars say otherwise." He wrapped up one of my wrists before beginning to work on the other. "He held me down, sir." He froze, looking up at me. "I think that's why he wanted you to cuff me, s-so I couldn't fight back." He gave no response. I placed my hand over his, smiling to try and lighten the mood.

"But I'm okay, sir. He didn't get any farther than touching me." He let out a sigh as he began to wrap up my other wrist before placing a kiss on the bandages once he was done. "I'm glad you're okay, doll. I'm sorry I didn't realize what he was planning sooner." He says before allowing me to move my hands back as he began to clean off the counter.

I ran my fingers over the bandages on my wrists, thinking about how nice he'd been lately. But what if he's only trying to get me in bed? My heart sank at the thought. Would he do that? Was I going to be some sort of one night stand? Once he finished cleaning up, I followed him into the living room and sat down on the couch as he walked over his desk.

Would he be like his friends, only using me for pleasure? I shook my head at the thought. No, he wouldn't. He said he didn't want to hurt me-he wants me to enjoy my first time. "Is there something you'd like to tell me, doll?" I'm snapped out of my thoughts at the sound of his voice.

I shook my head again, messing with a loose string on my shirt. I hear him sigh before he walks over to sit in front of me. "It must be something if you're so upset about it." I hadn't realized I was crying until he brushed his thumb across my cheek to wipe away a fallen tear.

I bit my lip before quickly forcing out an answer. "You wouldn't take advantage of me, would you?" His eyes met mine as he brought his hand down to rest on my knee. "No, why would you think that?" He took ahold of my hands, gently kissing one of the tattoos on my left hand.

"You and your friends-am I just a body that's only good for sex? I-is that how you see me?" He quickly shook his head, moving to sit next to me before pulling me onto his lap. He seemed more serious than his usual attitude. He then turns my head to look at him, concern clear in his eyes.

"You think I want to use you?" I slowly nod, trying to fight back more tears. He sighs before gently placing his lips on mine. My heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest, suddenly he pulled back, leaving me nervous and dizzy. "I'd never do something like that to you, jewel."

He smiles before kissing my cheek and pulling me in for a hug. I closed my eyes as my head rested on his chest. He began to run his fingers through my hair, humming a quiet tune that almost blended in with the silence.

I want to believe you,
but I don't know if I can.