{Prologue}

******
~WARNING~

THIS STORY CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE AND SOME SEXUAL CONTENT.

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I REALLY DID WARN YOU.

******
Song: A merry little Christmas - Frank Sinatra

Picture: Rosaleen's hunting knife she received from her dad. (Pretty cool, I actually want one.)

******
I was only 10 years old.

Christmas time in the White Moon Pack was my favourite time of the year, apart from my birthday of course.

There was always a lot going on while my parents got ready for the big holiday- the usual stuff. We had our tree, along with all of the shiny, colourful, glittery decorations and four stockings for the fireplace. Ever since I could remember we always had an extra one and I never questioned it.

I usually watched as my mum placed the last of the decorations, and I helped too- telling her where to place them so that they'd hang perfectly. My dad was there too, he placed presents under the tree before playfully kissing my mum and tickling her.

They were always like that. I ran to my mother as she called me over, my small body clamped onto her legs, she almost fell backwards but she managed to balance herself.

My dad ran towards me, swept me up into his arms and threw me in the air. I let out a scream of laughter, and as we all collapsed on the floor, I faced the both of them.

"We love you so much." They said almost simultaneously.

They peppered me with kisses. I grinned and laughed at them, my mother looked at me and tucked stray loose hair behind my ear. My big almond eyes stared up in awe at them.

My mother took her beautiful necklace and placed it in my small palm, I widened my eyes and she returned it with a grin. My palm opened to reveal the most beautiful pendant I've ever seen.

It was a golden heart locket with a fully bloomed rose engraved on it. She placed it around my neck and fastened it.

"Thank you," I smiled holding the pendant in my palm, "It's so beautiful."

"Just like you my precious little flower." She replied softly.

We sat for a little while longer on the sofa. I felt my dad rock me slowly, my mum sang to me while the pendant on my necklace played the tune of the lullaby she was singing.

I went to sleep that night with a smile on my face, knowing that when I wake up it will be Christmas morning. As I thought about what would happen in the morning, I couldn't help but chuckle to myself.

{***}

I was awakened by a horrid noise, there were people shouting and I heard people screaming. Outside, I saw a searing orange colour descending upon the house. I saw smoke and as I walked closer to the window, I saw the flames.

It's a fire. There's a fire outside!

I rushed out of my room scrambling to my mum and dads room, I instantly jumped on their beds trying to wake them up.