{13}

ELI JACKSON

My paws pound along the forest floor as I desperately try to search for my runaway father. I've split up from Shawn and the others and we're searching separately. It's better this way because we can cover more ground.

He isn't anywhere to be found. Shawn mind links me.

Keep looking! I growl.

He can't get away, he shouldn't be able to get away. He hurt my mate and caused her pain, I am not about to let him get away with that. It's unforgivable. Even if Rosaleen tells me otherwise, I will do anything to protect her and this, this is one of those things.

I get deeper and deeper into the forest, running well beyond my territory making sure to search every single inch of the forest. I let out a frustrated growl when I am unsuccessful and go back towards my own land. I meet up with Shawn and the others on my way back and stop them before we go inside.

"Looks like the sneaky bastard covered his scent and tracks." I curse.

"Alpha, what should we do?" Shawn questions.

I think for a while before speaking.

"I want you to take turns be on watch and keep looking, later I will join you."

"Alpha." They all chorus before shifting and heading for their posts.

I go back to the pack house only thinking about him. Lexcye and Amanda rush out to meet me, I smile at them but as they come closer their faces look panicked. Something is wrong.

"Eli!" They scream.

"What happened?" I say worriedly.

"Rosaleen! There's something wrong with her." Amanda gasps.

I instantly race up to my room leaving Amanda and Lexcye behind me. As I open the door, an ear shattering scream greets me and fills the room.

I rush to my bed and I see her writhing around in pain. It hurt me watching my mate be in pain like this especially when I don't know what's wrong with her.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!" I angrily yell at them.

They look more afraid than they did before.

"We didn't do anything to her!" Amanda snaps back, "We were just in bed watching TV and she complained of a headache, the next thing I knew she was rolling around screaming."

"MAKE IT STOP!!!" Rosalee screams.

The tears flow down her cheeks, like endless rivers, and sweat poured out of her body. Her clothes look scratched up and torn showing that she has tried to rip them off.

"You need to calm down my son," my mother says stepping forward, "She's in heat."

"What am I suppose to do?!" I cry.

She instantly rushes Amanda and Lexcye out of the room before starting to walk out herself.

"Only your touch can cure her, so hold her and just touch her, it'll make her feel better."