{06}

******
Song - How we roll (For the drag race)
******

ELI JACKSON

I pace back and forth in my room constantly raking my hands through my spikey hair. All I could think about right now is, how? How can I let this happen? I really don't know if she is ever going to forgive me for this. I start to think. Her words are playing through my brain on a loop.

"You're the monster."

They sting me with pain, the venom behind those words. Every time I think about it, I feel as though something is stabbing me. Surely she has to know it isn't me who put that file there. It isn't me who 'obliterated' her pack, or even had a part in the destruction.

My wolf makes his presence as he talks to me through mind link.

'Way to go hotshot, you've single handily made our mate hate us.' He says.

'She doesn't hate us!' I snap back, 'I'll get her back.'

'Yeah? How?' He chuckles, his tone suddenly changes to adapt a firm one, 'You're a fool.'

'I don't know- but I will! I'll do anything for her.' I growl.

I watch outside as the sun begins to set, a sense of worry starts to grow in me and stalk around the village, looking for my mate. When I can't find her anywhere I make my way to the north border.

As I look out into the dark forest, there's a gentle wind blowing through the trees. My mind wanders before one of the patrol guards races up to me as though he knows what I'm thinking.

"North patrol guard reporting, Alpha: Your mate left a few hours ago. She hasn't returned yet."

"WHAT?" I growl, grabbing his collar, "WHY DID YOU LET HER LEAVE IN THE FIRST PLACE."

"S-she told me she was going for a r-run." He trembles.

I let go of him, shoving him backwards.

"I should have you beaten for your incompetence." I growl.

A panic rises through my body, I have no idea how far she has gone or gotten. I decide to get my men ready to go find her, we all shift and I'm at the front with Shawn on my right. Then I see her, she's strolling up to us sweaty and breathless.

She's shivering, her teeth chatter and I notice she's nude. I growl at the other men and they bring their heads down staring at the ground. She notices me with the other wolves and walks right past me.

I shift back and command my men to disperse as I watch her go into our house. I hurry after her and find her in our room putting on some clothes.

"Worried I ran off?" She says, her tone is a cold one.

"I was worried about you." I reply slowly, "Besides you wouldn't have gotten far."

"Yeah right." She laughs, "Maybe I should have at least tried."

When she changes, there is much tension in the room and it seems to circle us. Nothing is said and I grow anxious.