{24}

*6 Months later*

"Can you say dada?"

Eli holds Jade up in the air while talking to her in a small baby voice.

"Say dada."

Jade only babbles nonsense in reply to his request. I shake my head laughing at Eli, Jayce claps in front of me as he laughs. I take another spoonful of mashed bananas and coax him to eat it. He does and I scrape the extra off his chin. He really seems to enjoy bananas.

"Come on Jade, you can do it!" Eli continues to encourage.

Jade just giggles at him instead before becoming distracted and looking around the room. Eli throws her up and down, making my heart speed up rapidly. He laughs and pulls Jade to his lips, pressing a soft kiss to her cheek before blowing a raspberry on her stomach almost instantly after.

I take Jayce out of his high chair and rest him on my hip. Eli follows me out with Jade clamped in his arms, we go to the living room and settle there. I set Jayce down on a small mat I had gotten a while back for them and Eli sets down his sister next to him.

Jayce moves towards her and they both start babbling between themselves. I slump myself on the nearest sofa and Eli sits next to me, slinging his arm around my shoulder. I carefully watch my twins as they roll around on the floor while Eli rests next to me.

His head is hung on the back of the chair and his hand clamps around my shoulder, rubbing it gently.

"Eli?" I breathe, breaking the silence.

He hums a response not moving from his resting spot.

"What do you think about getting married?"

It's as though he stops breathing for a moment as he shifts his head upwards to look at me.

"Are you proposing to me?" He laughs.

"I just wanna know what you think about it." I shrug.

"I think it's pointless," he sighs, "I mean us as wolves are mates, to be together forever. I don't know, marriage is just stupid among our kind."

"Ohh, I guess you have a point." I say barely audible.

"Why what do you think about it?" He questions curiously.

I look at him and twist my lips up.

"I don't know, I guess it'll be nice to not be a Carson, for once in my life." I shrug.

"I see." He replies slowly.

"I don't want you to feel pressured to do it though!" I nervously add, "I love you, whatever we face, no matter what."

"I know and I love you too, so much." He replies softly.

I go back to watching the twins but Eli's eyes seems to be frozen on me. I mentally curse myself for bringing up the subject and bite my lip. Eli gets up from his space after a while, I pay little to no attention to his movement.

He goes over to the children's toy box stashed in the corner of the room and I can hear him rummaging around inside it.

"Eli..." I say, he hums and I sit up, "Look!"

He swiftly turns around and watches me, I point to Jayce never taking my eyes off him. Jayce struggles on the floor, he rolls onto this stomach and looks around the room. His eyes catch mine and I smile at him encouragingly, he smiles back at me before his face is filled with determination.