{16}

Hot. that's how I feel my body feels as though it's on fire and sweat pours out of every hole of my body. I jolt awake, rapidly breathing, apparently too fast because Eli snaps up and wraps his arms around my body. He gently rocks me slowly, he shushes me as I feel the water running down my cheeks.

"It's okay Kitten," Eli whispers, "I'm right here."

I turn to hug him immediately, completely breaking down in his arms.

"It was so horrible."

"Shh, it's okay, it's over now." He coos.

"Do you hate me?" I ask worriedly.

His head instantly snaps to look at me.

"Of course not," he frowns, "Why sould you think that?"

I say nothing.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He gently asks me while stroking my hair.

I take gulp but I don't look him in the eye.

"I saw my parents, my home and there was a woman- in a cell. She was chained to the wall, she looked so empty- broken actually."

I squint as I try to recollect my dream. Eli keeps stroking my skin in support.

"My dad looked at her, in disgust, then Amanda came out from nowhere and said I lied to her, then you came and- you said I disgust you."

I can't stop the tears from flowing out of my eyes as the memory of my dream resurfaces in my mind. As I sob, Eli pats my back and kisses my bare shoulder tenderly.

"It was just a nightmare," he says, "It's over now."

I stare into the space in front of me, Eli tiredly shifts onto his back with one arm comfortably tucked behind his head. He gently caresses my back, I hear him sigh and roll over wrapping himself around my hips. He tries to calm me down by placing soft kisses to my hip bones.

"You know I love you more than anything in this world," Eli says, "Come, lay down."

I shake my head and get up from the bed. I feel sore but I don't let that stop me as I force myself to get up. I grab my old t shirt from in my cupboard and slip it on.

"Where are you going?" Eli sleepily asks me.

"I'll be back babe," I respond, "Just go back to sleep okay?"

"Okay." Eli lays back down and I sigh, "Hurry back." I hear him say.

Then I go to the kitchen and fill a glass of water chugging it down, I fill another one before doing the same thing. I drag myself upstairs and go to Amanda's room, I knock on the door patiently waiting outside.

I grow nervous and begin to rub my arm before knocking again, this time there is shuffling behind the door before it opens and a sleepy Amanda is staring me dead in the face.

"It's like four in the morning." She yawns.

"I'm sorry," I whisper looking down and rubbing my arm, "Do you hate me?"

"Well, for keeping me up until what? Two in the morning with all that screaming, yeah." She replies.

"I mean it." I frown.

"Well of course not, I don't have a reason to," she squints, "What is it? What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I reply swiftly, "I'm sorry I woke you."

I left her to go back to sleep before I drag myself back to my own bed, I tiredly slump down on the bed tucking myself under the covers. I feel Eli move around next to me before he pulls me into his body, he places a small kiss to my bare skin.