{01}

*6 years later*

Running. That's all I've been doing for these past few years. Running and surviving.

Rose is the name of my wolf, she's incredible. She navigates through the woods, expertly dodging things in her path. A while back we caught the perpetrators scent and we've been following it ever since.

I'm 16 now so I don't know what hope is, hope has abandoned me. If I find my parents I know they won't be alive. I have to keep telling myself this, I have to be realistic.

I just- want some closure.

It's November right now, so it's almost been 6 years, I think, has it only been 6?

The cold air tries to envelope us as we cut through it, I feel as we start to slow down breaking my thoughts away from me. There's decoration of lights up ahead, this is a large area so the lights seem to stretch for miles.

Shadows appear in front of the lights as people walk back and forth peering out to the forest. I wait in the darkness, just observing. I know this pack, everywhere it goes destruction and death follows.

Rose lowly growls and we decide to come up with a plan. Then she tells me I need to rest as we've been travelling all day, I know she's right so I don't fight her.

I find a huge tree to climb before settling down comfortably on one of the branches. I fiddle with my mothers necklace around my neck as I shut my eyes, listening to the melody.

Behind my eyelids dances colourful visions of fire and body parts scattered all over the forest floor. I look down and find blood covering me.

As I look straight ahead, my parents glance at me before walking away. They look sad as I try to reach out for them.  When I do, their heads they disappear out of view.

I wake with a start, panting and sweating uncontrollably. My fathers- my hunting knife grasped firmly in my fist.

These nightmares, I think, They're never going to end...

I slide my knife back into the designated space in the holder on my right leg before jumping to the ground and allowing Rose to take full control over my body.

My limbs shift and I feel my bones breaking to form new ones, it's painful but not as much as the first time. I can handle it now. Fur grows out of the pores of my skin covering my entire body as my face shifts, growing a long snout. Fangs push out of my gums as my teeth also grow.

Rose shakes her black mane, giving a low growl.

'I'm ready.' I tell Rose.

She gives me a small nod before almost silently creeping forward.

'Let's make these bitches pay.'

As we get closer to the houses I grit my teeth in anticipation. We are right under the border, only a few inches away from our entrance when my ears prick up instantly as they hear rustling from behind us in a nearby shrub. I'm on my guard.

I'm so close, I'm not going down easily- not without one hell of a fight. A brown wolf jumps out at us but it doesn't startle me. I size him up mentally taking a note of him, he is a big wolf but I am bigger meaning he wasn't the Alpha.