{23}

*2 months later*

Eli has pretty much been busy with his Alpha duties for a while now, he's always quick to disappear and he never tells me where he's going. It's quite frustrating to me, I've been trying to distract myself by completing my Luna duties to the pack while looking after Jayce and Jade.

They are actually very good children, they don't cry that much. Only when they're hungry or their diapers need changing, but other than that they seem really happy.

Most times when I'm out attending to business, I get Lexcye, Amanda or even Angela to watch them. I assume they don't mind, I've never heard them complain otherwise. Their nursery has been finished now, everything they own is white because I didn't agree to assign pink and blue to them.

It looks amazing. There's a chandelier like Eli said, it's made entirely out of crystals though and their cribs are personalised with each of their names painted on them. There's also a box filled with loads of baby toys stashed in the corner of the room.

Eli also got a baby monitor for us. I told him we had our werewolf hearing but he wanted to be extra safe- he says, he wouldn't listen and so we got them. He also managed to get buggies for them as well and car seats and carriers which rock gently. Babies are so expensive.

We are in November now, I can't even think about the amount of money we already spent on them and Christmas is next month. Christmas! It's the first one with the kids. I have to talk to Eli about it but he strictly told me not to bother him. He's been in his office all day.

I start to think about the ways that we can make it special but my brain digresses. Has it only been a year since I came here? I don't believe it, it's gone so fast.

The air is getting colder as I sit outside in the garden with my babies. They coo at me sucking at their fingers. I smile at them and rock the carrier gently making them giggle.

"Are you cold?" I ask them gently, "Let's go inside, shall we?"

They only gurgle to the sound of my voice and I get up to carry them inside. I rest the carriers on the counter while I shut the door, locking it. I then take them to the living room and place them in the crib there.

I watch them, as they try to roll and move around but they only end up kicking and punching the open air, this makes me laugh. I grab a rattle and begin to shake it in front of their faces, they grin showing me their toothless mouths.

Jade grabs the rattle from my hand and shakes it excitedly, her whole body bounces as she laughs while Jayce tries to move over to grab the rattle. Jade frets as he does so and I only tut at him.

"Jayce..." I sigh, "Be nice to your sister."

I shake my head, smiling before handing him one as well. He seems shocked at first before he copies his sister in excitement.

"Where is everyone?" I sigh, "Amanda was suppose to be here long time ago."

Amanda has moved into her mother's house, she couldn't get any sleep with the babies screaming through the night.

I suspect she may move back in soon but I don't really plan to tell her that it's much better than before. There's a small but desperate knock on the door and I twist my head around to face it.

"Mummy will be right back okay?" I smile to the twins.

They look at me blankly and I go to the door, when I do open it Amanda is standing breathless in front of me. I stare at her before tilting my head slightly and exhaling deeply. I step aside and motion for her to come in, shutting the door behind her.