{22}

*About three months later*

"Wow, Rosaleen, you look like you're about to explode open any moment now." Lexcye says, her face looks as though she is uncomfortable.

"That's exactly how I feel Lex." I sigh as I rub my belly, "Only a few more days though. The baby should be due any moment now."

"Is it weird?" Amanda questions.

I look her with a questioning expression.

"I mean you've known Eli for less than a year and you're already starting a family with the guy. You're not even married."

"Plus you're only seventeen and he's freaking twenty two." Lexcye adds.

"You'd think it's weird," I say, "But being mates an all, I don't think it is. Besides there's not really a time frame of when you're suppose to fall in love with someone. If it happens it happens. And, werewolves don't really get married because they'll be together forever anyway."

"I feel left out," sniffs Amanda, "Because all of you guys can talk your wolves and shift into them, but I can't."

"You're showing signs that you have a wolf Amanda, you have super strength and the mindlink," Lexcye says, "So perhaps your first shift will happen really soon."

"Lexcye's right." I smile, "And I'm pretty sure you'll find your mate soon. It could be someone you know or a complete stranger."

"Like how Lexcye was with Alec?" She exclaims.

"Yup."

"I think I'd prefer that, because I don't like anyone I know." She sighs.

I turn to Lexcye curiously, "How are you and Alec anyway?"

"Yeah, we're good," she nods, "I don't really see him that much because Eli always steals him for some job but when I do he's good to me and I to him, he's such a sweetheart."

"Awwww that's so romantic." Amanda sings.

"Well actually," Lexcye laughs nervously,  "He hasn't taken me out on a proper date yet."

"WHAAATTT?!" I shriek, "It's time I had a talk with him."

"It's fine, Rosaleen honestly," Lexcye laughs, "I don't mind at all."

"Did he mark you yet?" Amanda asks eagerly, "Did you guys do it?"

"No and nope." Lexcye replies.

"How comes? Every time I see you guys you're always close and cute." I say.

"I don't feel like it's the right time yet," she explains, "Alec respects that decision anyway and he'll wait. That's what he said."

"I get you," I smile while bobbing my head a little, "Yeah, he'll wait. What else can he do anyway?"

"Yeah, I guess you're right." she responds, "I need to go and buy him new clothes, he needs them."

"I would love to come with you!" I exclaim.

"Yeah, but you're heavily pregnant and who knows when you'll have this baby." Amanda sighs.

I let out a heavy sigh as well.

"You're right. I'm so scared Eli is gonna miss it because he's always disappearing and won't tell me where he's going."

"That's the same with Alec," Lexcye adds, "It's more frequently than before."

"Men!" Amanda groans and rolls her eyes, "What can you do with 'em?"

I watch Amanda, widening my eyes at her comment.