{03}

ROSALEEN CARSON

(Back to me now.)

I shift awake and stretch out my body. I apparently do this to fast or something because I start to feel a little dizzy. I sigh thinking back to yesterday- about my decision to stay.

"I have a question."

"We were running in the forest, you could've easily run away and I know you know you could easily outrun me."

"So...Why didn't you?"

It was an easy answer as to why I stayed here.

Well... I have no where else to go.

I slowly break away from my thoughts and I feel something behind me. Hands are clasped around my waist and I feel myself freeze.

My head slowly turns to see Eli laying next to me, I shoot up and jump away. With my sudden movements he wakes up and blinks at me sleepily before a smirk appears on his face.

"Well, good morning to you Kitten," he yawns, "Are you okay? Did you sleep well?"

I blink at him, staring in disbelief.

"...D-did I sleep well? W-what are you doing here?" I ask.

When he doesn't reply, I crease my eyebrows and watch him as I hug my body.

"Did you sleep here...with me?"

He is quiet for a while before he chooses to answer.

"Yeah, so what?" He shrugs.

"Why?" I demand.

There's another long pause before he says, "I couldn't sleep...so I came to check on you and you looked cold so I..."

His gaze is focused down, on the bed and I smile at him a little before it disappears just as quick. Then I shake my head before adopting a more threatening look.

"Well I came in here to avoid sleeping in the same room, no, bed as you." I say angrily, "You totally just- disrespected that."

"I know okay? And I'm sorry." He says, sounding generally sad.

He gets up and takes my hands. I only look at him as I sigh.

"Whatever." I speak quietly.

"Come on. Let's go eat."

He begins to make his way to his room and I don't really hesitate to follow him. We go to his room and I look around, everything looks the same as last night.

He informs me he's going to change and I nod as I sit on his bed. I contemplate my day and decide I'll just spend the day wearing my so called 'pyjamas'. Eli exits his cupboard pulling a casual white t-shirt over his head, after he ruffles his hair he looks in the mirror checking out his profile.

I cross my legs and I sit shaking my head, my nose begins to twitch because of an unfamiliar scent. I resist the urge to growl or attract any attention as I try to work out what it is. The scent is sickeningly sweet, like the smell of cheap French perfume. I want to gag as it fills my nostrils.

I look at Eli as he continues to vainly admire himself in the mirror. When he starts to flex his biceps I have to look away and try my best not to laugh. That scent is just distracting me.

I twist over to the other side of the bed where it seems to be less potent, Eli snaps his head up to see what I am doing.

My guess would be he forgot I'm even here. I can feel the anger stirring inside me as a million thoughts of Eli with another girl race through my mind. I start to feel sick and a bit dizzy. It didn't make sense to me why I am having these feelings, and yet they continued to stir inside of me.