{18}

I'm so glad to be back home. My leg is all healed up now so I don't need Eli to carry me everywhere, although I wouldn't mind. The doctor tells me that I'm still on bedrest so I have to stay in the house everyday until she tells me otherwise.

I feel fine but everyone is still worried about me. The baby is healthy so far but the doctor tells me to rest for the baby's sake at least so I said I'll take her advice. I don't know whether I'm having a boy or girl yet, but I can't wait to find out. I wouldn't mind either but I know Eli will want a boy. Men.

I walk through the garden, a smile stretches across my face as I come closer to the familiar looking rose bush. I hold them and smell them thinking about the fact I've never seen these roses wilted before. It is as though they are- enchanted or something.

Not even in the Winter when I first arrived here. I shake my head, I'm glad they haven't wilted. I'm so wrapped up in my thoughts that I don't sense Alec walking towards me.

"Hey." He greets me.

"Hey," I smile, "Whats wrong?"

"Nothing." He breathes.

He towers over me and points the roses.

"What are you doing?"

"Finding a way to kill time, so I was smelling the roses," I say, looking back at them, "Roses are my favourite flower."

"They are very beautiful, just like you turned out to be." He responds cracking a smile.

I roll my eyes at his comment. I can feel him smiling and he takes a deep breath before he continues.

"But I suppose they can be very dangerous, again, just like you are."

My head snaps to his direction as I know exactly what he's trying to say about them. I watch him, slightly in shock before grinning in agreement. We sit down on the bench and he still has that worried look in his eye.

"I can tell you're worried about something." I say shaking my head, "It's distracting me from having a real conversation with you."

"Ian's still out there," he sighs after a while, my jaw clenches as he continues, "I know he's still coming after you."

I look down before grasping his hand. He flinches before relaxing and for an instant I remember when I used to do that, every time Eli touched me.

"I'm a tough girl, I can take care of myself." I playfully punch him.

"But you have someone else to worry about now."

He says gesturing to my protruding stomach and I hold it protectively while rubbing it.

"I just want to keep you safe and protect you. I really want to atone for all the pain I have caused you."

I can feel the guilt coming off of him, he can't look me in the eye as he says these words and I frown. He clasps his hands together locking his fingers as he hardly squeezes them. His head falls as he continues to look at the ground, my arms instantly snake around his body as I hug him.

He is shocked at this because I feel his body tense up below me and I feel him hesitate as his arms come up and wrap around my petite body. This only makes me want to hold him tighter.

"Alec, it's okay, seriously," I pull away and smile at him, "You shouldn't feel guilty, I mean, you rescued me didn't you? And you were prepared to fight for me, to save me. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you."

He looks at me his eyes shaking with sadness, I can see the tears welling up in them. I can't help but pull him into another tight hug as I feel the wetness drop onto my skin.