Chapter 4

I have been staring at this message for twenty minutes. I shouldn't be stressing over this little message, but I can't help it. What if this is a part in their scheme to get me.

"Hey, can we talk?" was all it said.

Luke's message has my mind spinning in circles. How can this boy have such an effect on me, when I am supposed to hate him. I know what I will do. Play hard to get. If he thinks I am not interested, he will leave me alone. Right?

C'mon, Cassidy man up! Just reply to him. You are not hurting anyone.

"I don't think that is a good idea," I type. Before I could press the send button my mom called me down for dinner.

"Coming!"

I guess Luke will have to wait, once again. I quickly made my way downstairs when I smelt my favourite food. Tacos.

As soon as I got to the table I started digging in. Only to have the food taken out of my hands.

"Wait for your sister," my mother sternly said.

After waiting, painstakingly, for five minutes, Fiona arrived.

"Took you long enough."

"I'm sorry, some of us actually homework to do over the break," Fiona responded.

"That's enough. How was everyone's day?" Ryan questioned.

"Oh nothing to fun. But Cassidy is a homewrecker."

"WHAT!" my mother and Ryan said in sync.

"Cassidy Louise Johnson, what is your sister talking about?"

When my mom used my full name I knew I was in trouble.

"Mom, chill. Fiona isn't tell you the whole story. Well I know we would never bring up her name again but it has something to do with Anastasia."

My mother and Ryan exchanged glances. The expression on their faces were unclear.

"Go on,"

"In a recent video, her boyfriend said that he would like to date me, if they weren't dating." I put an emphasis on the ended to clearly demonstrate that I am not a 'homewrecker' as my sister so kindly put it.

"As long as you are not the other woman," Ryan joked. He probably wanted to get ride of the obvious tension in the room.

The rest of the dinner was circled around our next family vacation to Italy. At least it wasn't about me.

Going to Italy would be amazing. I have been dying to see the Statue of David and to try gelato. I plan to make it my mission to go to Venice, Florence, and Milan. I can't wait for this trip to happen.

...

I sit at my desk with my laptop, trying to build up the courage to send the message. I look at the clock at it's 9 pm. That mean that it is only 6 in LA. He probably has better things to do then to reply to me right away.

Send.

I go an get ready for bed. I take a nice and long relaxing shower. A long shower is the only way to get me calm and relaxed; that and candy of course.

After I get out of the shower I got dressed and popped in my favourite Miley Cyrus movie, LOL.

5 minutes into the movie, I get a dm on my phone. I ignore it thinking it is just one of my fans, but I my phone continues to go off.

Once I retrieve my phone from my night stand, it is from the one person that started it all.

2 new dms from @luke_brooks:

I think we should talk and clear the air.

Please talk to me!

I quickly respond back with, 'what air do we need to clear?'

This whole thing could have been avoided if he just didn't say my name. It is all his fault.

1 new dm from @luke_brooks:

I just wanted to say that I meant what I said. And I didn't think it would start any problems.

Is he delusional? I am sure Anastasia told him what happened between us. I'm surprised he still dated her after what took place on Halloween. All I can say back to him is, 'Why, why now?'

When did he start having feelings for me? I need to know.

His response was not what I was expecting.

3 new dm from @luke_brooks:

I know you are not a huge fan of me right now. You probably hate me because I was dating the one person you despise. I want you to know that on Halloween we had a huge fight. I didn't talk to her for three days because what she did to you not right.

Ever since that day I have been doubting my feelings towards her. To be honest, I was planning on breaking up with her anyway. This was just a blessing in disguise.

I am not saying that I want to date you right now, but I would like to in the future. How about just getting to know each other first. Can I have your number?

I was left speechless. I don't know what to do. I am shocked that he was actually mad at her and didn't talk to her. I thought he didn't notice his girlfrien- ex-girlfriend was being so horrible to me. Maybe, he is not as bad as I thought.

I couldn't help but read the message over and over again before I responded.

Do I want to get to know him? Should I be the bigger person and not punish him for the stupid mistakes his evil bitch did to me? Do I give him my number?

So many questions invaded my mind at once. I can't think straight. I need guy advice. I call the only person I know that could help me, Stacy.

"Cass?" Her voice sounded kind of heavy. Did I wake her up?

"Hey, Stacy. I need guy advice, like ASAP!"

"Its 1 in the morning. Couldn't this wait until later in the morning?"

I turn to the clock and notice 1:04 am glowing brightly. I didn't even notice the time.

"You're right, I am sorry. Go back to bed. I will call you in the morning."

"Okay, goodnight."

With a click the only resource I had was gone. Looks like I am going to have to figure this out by myself.

Another half hour passes prior to me responding. My hands are typing, but my brain has no idea what is happening.

"I think we can be really great friends. Here's my number."

Sent.

That night all I could dream about was that cute boy from those YouTube videos. Luke Brooks.

(Please do not forget to vote, comment, and share :) Hope you are enjoying the story)

Twitter: jai_luke

Akaylah: dat-fandom-girl.tumblr.com

Sara: 2bands-4aussies-4brits-1irish.tumblr.com