Chapter 18

(Quick note before the chapter starts. I went back and changed a bit of the first couple of chapters so it would fit into the upcoming storyline. Nothing drastically happened. Go check out if you like.)

*Luke's POV*

I barely slept last night. Knowing that Cassidy was coming to LA today kept my mind racing.

I felt like a kid patiently waiting in line to sit on Santa's lap. The anticipation was agonizing. But when it finally happens, you are on cloud 9.

The little sleep that I was able to get was a re-occuring nightmare I've been having lately. It consisted of all the worst case scenarios that would happen when Cassidy came to LA. I dreamt of her leaving me for Jc Caylen or Beau (which was worse). I dreamt of her not loving me for the mistakes that I have made. She is way to good for me and I am afraid of ruining anything I may have with her. As long as I am able to keep my past hidden away from her, we will be alright. Everything that I have done in my past is just excess baggage that everyone has before they meet someone. That baggage will always be there, but it doesn't have to take over every aspect of my life.

Cassidy texted me last night and told me the news about her living arrangements. I wasn't the happiest person on the planet, but I didn't let her sense my frustration. It's not like we are dating, yet. Being too over protective might push her away.

My clock read 1:30pm when my phone rang. Cassidy's name and picture flashed across the screen. The picture was one that I saved from Instagram. I know it seems creepy as fuck, but fangirls do it all the time with my picture so what is the difference.

"Hey, babe," The word still felt weird leaving my mouth.

Once Cassidy made the first step calling that name, I felt butterflies or whatever that shit girls feel when a guy compliments them. Either way, it was still an unfamiliar thing for me. With my relationship with Ana, we didn't use any cute pet names. Maybe we weren't as perfect for each other as I thought we were.

"Hey."

"What time is your flight?" I asked.

"I am actually about to board shortly. Just wanted to call and say I will be in the city around 6 - 7pm LA time," she answered.

"I can't wait for you to actually be here. Are you nervous to go on the plane?"

"Aw, I can't wait to see you too. And yeah, I was nervous. Hearing your voice made all my nerves go away though."

"Thanks good to hear," I love knowing that I can soothe her with just the sound of my voice. This girl makes me fall deeper in love with her everyday. She needs to know this. "Cassidy, I think-"

"Luke, you are chipping out. The connection in the airport is awful. I'll call you when I land."

And with a click she was gone. I guess I will have to find another time to tell her.

After the phone call with Cassidy, I went to Jai's to pass the time.

When I got to Jai's house, I just walked in without knocking. That is when you know you are truly friends with someone. Jai and I are like brothers. What's mine is his and what's his is mine.

To my surprise, when I walked into the living room, Beau was sitting on the couch. Fucking hell.

"Jai!" I called, ignoring Beau's presence.

"I'm coming. Chill the fuck out!" he yelled from upstairs.

"I thought we were going out to eat?" I stated once he appeared.

"Yeah, we are. I was thinking In-N-Out Burger. You know, take a break from our diet for the day."

"Does he have to come?" I said, gesturing towards Beau.

"C'mon, guys. I am friends with both of you. Can you put your differences aside for one afternoon?"

"Sure." Beau replied.

"Fine," I said while rolling my eyes.

...

"You Americans really know how to make burgers," I said in between bites of my double cheese burger with extra bacon.

The food in America is so good, but so fattening at the same time. Along with my burger I ordered a large fries, a large chocolate milkshake, and a ice cream sundae. Okay, I might of went I little over board with my order, it was a diet free day. Deep down I am a fat little boy inside, we all are.

"Slow down, I don't think Cassidy is into guys with chubby stomachs," Beau said.

"And how would you know what Cassidy thinks?" I remarked.

"I have my ways," Beau replied with an evil smirk on his face.

"I swear to god if you ever try anything with Cassidy, I will break your fucking face open!"

"Guys, let's stay civil. Beau, stop with your smart-ass comments. We both know that you don't know shit. And Luke, calm down. He is just messing with you." Jai chimmed in.

"He just needs to keeps his comments to himself," I said.

We stayed and talked for a while. Mainly me and Beau avoiding conversation with each other.

"Where are we off to next?" Jai asked.

"Actually, can we make a trip somewhere? I have something that I need to do." I said.

(Sorry for the short, shitty chapter. I promise a longer chapter will be updated tomorrow! Just wanted to give you guys a little something to read. :)

Please vote, comment, share, and talk to us on our social media sites. We hope you are enjoying the book. )

Twitter: @jai_luke_ & @alex_nicole_p

Tumblr: dat-fandom-girl.tumblr.com

Instagram: @slutnoskians_