Chapter 26

"Where should we got first?" I asked Jc.

"I was thinking we could go to the beach and then grab something to eat."

"Sounds like a plan."

Jc plugged in the address for Venice Beach into the GPS and we were on our way. For the first couple of minutes the car was almost silent. The only noise you could hear was coming from the radio. Surprisingly, it wasn't an awkward silence. Even though I only knew Jc as just someone I watched on YouTube, we had an instant connection. The silence was broken by him.

"I don't mean to pry, but what are you running away from?"

"What do you mean by that?" I said answering his question with another question.

"When I saw you coming out of your house you seem distraught, like you wanted to get away from all of your problems." Could he really know that just from the expression on my face?

"There just a lot of family drama right now. This girl that I hate with a burning passion is my "sister" by marriage and my mom and her dad moved her into the house without even telling me. To make it even worse, she used to date Luke."

"I was not expecting that. Seems like you need to just relax and get your mind of things."

"Tell me about it." Jc is so understanding. I love being able to just talk to someone without them judging me or giving unwarranted advice.

"How about this, I promise to make sure this will be the best day ever. Only under one condition." I could feel his eyes watching me as a made a right turn.

"And what is that one condition?" I asked.

"We don't talk about any of the drama that is going on in our lives. We just focus on today and enjoy ourselves. Deal?" He answered.

"Deal." I said with a smile. I can already tell we are going to be amazing friends.

The rest of the 15 minute car ride was spent with Jc obnoxiously singing along to all of the songs on the radio at the top of his lungs. It was more of screaming then singing.

We walked down the boardwalk, I think that's what they call it here, and took in the scenery around us. People were preforming all kinds of things. There was a singer doing covers of Imagine Dragons, an old man and his parrot doing magic tricks, and even a random person walking around dressed like Superman. It was incredible. Thousands of people were walking around enjoying everything around them as well. It seemed that this place took away everyone's problems just for a couple of hours. It brought them out of reality and into a fantasy world.

Toronto didn't have all of this. The contrast of the two cities is evident. If it was possible to combine the two places I would. It is way too damn cold in Toronto.

"Let's go check out this vintage store!" I was literally dragging Jc by his arm behind me. I love the whole vintage look. The thing that is amazing about fashion is that everything comes back into style eventually, so I might as well just buy it now.

"How does this look?" I said, putting on the most ridiculous hat I could find. Floral print covered the entire over-sided hat.

"Incredible! Let me take a picture." Jc said as he took out his phone. "Say vintage!"

"Vintage!"

We stayed in the store for a pretty long time just trying on some random clothes. We tried to find the most hideous thing to wear to make the other laugh. Jc won in the end. It was extremely hard trying not to laugh at him when he had on what looked like his great grandmothers wedding dress.