Chapter 17

Luke and I have currently been talking on the phone for two hours. I was planning on just saying a quick goodnight. Lately it has become a tradition for us to stay up late and talk on the phone. Hey, I'm not complaining.

Stacy would completely freak out if she knew that I didn't push my feelings for Luke back. If anything, they multiplied each time he sent me the bouquet of flowers along with a note.

My family is starting to get pissed off with all of the flowers around the house, but they won't have to deal with it for long. After I graduate tomorrow, I will be getting a place with Stacy in California for the remainder of the summer.

"I am so excited for tomorrow!" I said to Luke.

"What's the special occasion?"

"I'm graduating from high-school!"

"That's amazing, Cassidy. Congratulations. I am so proud of you."

"Thank you. When did you graduate?"

Luke and I never really talked about school and what-not, but I knew Luke was a year older than me. Other then the little things like, his birthday, YouTube channel, and circle of friends, I didn't know much about the handsome boy.

*Luke's POV*

"Thank you. When did you graduate?" Cassidy said over the phone.

I was hesitant on telling her that I never finished high-school. I am afraid that she will think less of me.

I haven't even told her about my family or anything. She knows nothing about me. I am just some boy behind a camera that has a crush on her.

For all I know, she may be using me. I push the thought out of my mind. I am always thinking about the negative that can happen. I guess that is what happens when you have a fucked up family like mine.

"Luke? Are you still there?"

I had forgotten that I was on the phone with Cassidy. My thoughts always get the best of me.

"Oh, sorry. I graduated last year," I lied. I just figure that a little white lie won't hurt anyone.

"Are you excited for VidCon?" I say, trying to change the subject.

"So excited! The best part is, I get to come to LA early. Right after graduation actually!"

"WHAT!" This was the first I was hearing about this information.

"Surprise!"

Surprise was right. I have no time to prepare. She is going to be in my city in less then a week from now. What if she doesn't like me in person?

You know she will ditch you for someone better.

Fuck you, conscience! I need to stop thinking negatively and focus on the positive side. Like, I finally get to meet the girl I really like in person.

"I can't wait to see you when you get here," I respond.

"It's basically my graduation present from my parents. Speaking of graduation, mine is tomorrow so I better get some beauty sleep."

"If that's the case, you don't need to sleep at all," I chuckled along with her at my corny attempt at a joke.

"Goodnight, Luke."

"Goodnight, Cass."

...

*Cassidy's POV*

It is finally here, my big day. I am graduating from high-school. After today, I won't have to return to that hell hole they call a school.

I invited Stacy over to get dressed together. I put my hair into loose waves. Stacy just kept it simple with her natural straight hair.