Chapter 5

"You never told me why you called in the middle of the night the other day,"

It had been a few days since Luke had dm'ed me. I have been too busy watching Netflix to interact with other human beings.

Stacy and I decided to waste our Friday at the mall and go see a movie. Spring Breakers had just came out and we were both dying to see it.

The Eaton Centre was packed as usual, with people pushing and bumping into each other. You would think that you were walking down the streets of New York City.

"Oh, yeah that. He just messaged me explaining how he has developed feelings for me. He also asked to be friends and to havdndjfifnjel,"

"What was the last part?"

I slurred the ending on purpose because I know Stacy will judge me and give me a speech on how he is just using me as a joke. She doesn't need to know right now that I gave Luke my number.

"Oh, look. TopShop is having a 50% sale off!" I said trying to distract her.

I ran into the store before she could protest.

"I know you are hiding something from me. You always change the subject when you are hiding something. Spill it," Stacy said as she caught up to me.

"Luke asked me for my number."

"Please tell me you didn't give it to him."

Here comes the lecture.

"You did, didn't you. I am only saying this because I am your best friend, he's an asshole. He just dropped his girlfriend like that," snapping her fingers to be dramatic.

"How do you know he won't do that to you. And his judgement in girls is obviously horrendous, no offence."

As my friend went on, I could help but get upset. I know she means well and doesn't want me to get hurt, but I am old enough to make my own decisions.

I love Stacy to death but she shouldn't be criticizing any guy I like. The last guy she went out with was a complete junkie. He does hard drugs, drinks five times his body weight a day, and to make it even worse, he was like 26. I wonder where she finds guys like that.

I don't even know if I like Luke. My plan at playing hard to get is slowly but surely diminishing.

"Let's stop talking about me. He didn't even text, so drop it. How about we finish shopping and then get something to eat before the movie."

"Now that's a good idea."

I ended up spending $270 at TopShop. Even with the sale, that store is still overpriced, but it is my weakness.

After TopShop, we go to Mac and Sephora to get some makeup. Luckily, I am blessed with makeup skills and I never look like a clown. Some girls don't even match their foundation with their skin tones.

We hit up Abrocrombie & Finch, Artizia, and Hot Topic. Shopping really works up an appetite.

"Cass, what are getting?" Stacy asked.

"I think I am in the mood for Thai Express," I answered. "What are you getting?"

"I think the same thing."

We finally get our food after standing in while for what felt like an hour. Our movie is at 7pm and it is 5:45 now. We have enough time.

I spot a table with two seats and ran to it as fast as I can. Trying not to spill my drink. When Stacy reaches the table I ask her to take a photo of me and my food.

"What is it for?" she wondered.

"Twitpic and Instagram. Duh! I have been falling behind on the latest news in social media."

Stacy gave me my phone after taking a picture (a very nicely lit picture, might I add) and I open all of my apps. Twitter is first.

@CassJohnson: I am in love with Thai Express!!!

(insert picture here)

After that was Instagram.

@CassJohnsonIG: Best food court food ever

(insert picture here)

I even tagged Thai Express hoping they would like my picture.

"Are you done? I want to get good seats for the movie." I asked Stacy.

"I know you are excited to see Vanessa Hughes breasts and an outrageous amount of sex and drug use, but I think you can wait two more minutes."

Stacy's sense of humour always surprises me somehow.

(Sorry the chapter is a little short, but here's a double update for you guys! Happy Holidays to everyone reading. I probably won't update tomorrow (Christmas), unless one of my co-writers do. New chapter Thursday for sure.

Please vote, comment, and share :) Hope you are enjoying the books so far.)

Twitter: jai_luke_

Akaylah:dat-fandom-girl.tumblr.com

Sara: 2bands-4aussies-4brits-1irish.tumblr.com