Chapter 12

*Luke's POV*

Today was an interesting day. I got invited to go to VidCon this summer. This was exciting and I want to share my reaction with the fans.

I set up my camera and started to film my excitement for VidCon. I talked about what I was looking forward to, what youtubers I would love to meet, and upcoming collabs.

I started to edit the video once I was done filming. In the middle of editing my phone ran. I really hate getting disturbed when I am trying to edit my videos.

Retrieving my phone from its charger next to my desk, I couldn't believe who was calling me. I had to pinch myself a couple of times to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

"Hello?" I said with a hint of confusion.

"Luke it's me, Cassidy."

As soon as I heard her voice, all of my feels for her came rushing back.Her voice sounded heavenly over the phone, but why was she calling me. I thought she didn't want anything to do with me.

"Hi," I said still confused.

"I called because I wanted to talk to you, talk about us."

"What is there to talk about. You made it pretty clear that you wanted nothing to do with me."

"I know and I am sorry. I was just caught off guard by that video."

Talk about catching someone off guard. I don't call her for a week and she suddenly wants to talk out of nowhere.

"Oh, well I never really got the chance to fully explain myself," I respond harshly.

"The truth is, I was afraid of the outcome. The outcome of me possibly liking you back. The outcome of what Anastasia would say to me. The outcome of what me viewers would think of me."

"Not to be rude or anything, but what is the point of you telling me this now. I reached out to you letting you know how I felt and you completely ignored me. You embarrassed me!"

This conversation seems to be going nowhere. I don't see the point in continuing to talk to her.

"Look, Cassidy. If you are calling to tell me that you are sorry for rejecting me, then save it. I'm over you."

As I was about to press the end call button on my phone I heard Cassidy something.

"Can you repeat that?" I asked.

"I said, I am not calling you to say sorry about rejecting you. I am calling to apologizing that it took me this long to realize that I want you."

There was a long pause on the phone. Both of us unsure of what to say next.

"What made you change your mind?" I questioned, breaking the silence.

"When you stopped calling me. Even though I told you not to contact me, you still tried. I felt connected to you in a way. It made me feel special when you called. I thought it meant you cared about me. And when you stopped altogether, I felt something was missing. And what's missing is you. Luke, I need you."

"I...I..."

I was at a lost for words. Those were the words I have been dying to hear for the past few weeks.

Something in the back of my head was telling me that this is too good to be true.

"So what now?" I said, managing to finally form a sentence.

"Nothing huge. I am not saying we have to start dating right now. We can start off by just getting to know each other, I guess. I know that long distance can be hard, but I am coming to California in two months."

"Why are you coming to California?" This was the first time I had heard about this.

"For VidCon but my parents are letting me stay there for for a couple months before VidCon. "

She is coming to VidCon and staying in the city. This is my chance to make things right and potentially get the girl of my dreams.

"That's exciting news." I replied overly excited.

"It's getting late here in Canada, but we should skype sometime. Goodnight, Luke."

"Goodnight Cassidy."

Going to bed that night, I kept re-playing what she said to me in my head.

It made me feel special when you called. I thought it meant you cared about me. And when you stopped altogether, I felt something was missing. And what's missing is you. Luke, I need you.

*Cassidy's POV*

After I got off the phone with Luke, I called Stacy.

"Stacy, step one is complete."

(Here is the over half of the double update. What do you guys think the plan is? I would love to hear/read your theories.

Please vote, comment, and share :) We hope you are enjoying the story.)

Twitter: jai_luke_ & alex_nicole_p

Akaylah: dat-fandom-girl.tumblr.com

Sara: 2bands-4aussies-4brits-1irish.tumblr.com