Chapter 13-Hangovers

You slowly blinked, screwing your eyes shut tight when the sun streamed onto your face. Your head was pounding and your mouth was dry. Groaning, you sat up, cradling your head. The bedroom you were in was decorated lavishley, the King sized bed beneath you soft as a cloud. Lying across the large arm chair in the corner of the room was Dan, passed out with an empty bottle of whisky by his feet. Anti was on the floor, his limbs strewn out into a starfish shape, wearing Dan's shirt. JG led on the bed with you, his face pushed into the pillows. He was wearing only his boxers, his clothes lying in a pile somewhere. Looking down, you saw that you were still wearing your clothes from last night. At least you hadn't done anything that you'd regret. You could hardly remember anything that had happened, now that you tried to think about. Vaguely, you remembered dancing, more drinking and almost falling down the stairs.
'Musta been one hell of a night' You thought as you surveyed the others. They were completely dead to the world. Slowly, still cradling your head, you stood up. Swaying slightly, you made your way to the door and down the stairs.

It was a wreck. Empty cups, cans and bottles were littered everywhere and there were still people passed out on the floor. Some were up, ambling around aimlessly, probably wishing for some aspirin. Just like you were.
The kitchen was no better. Food was still set up along the counters and somehow, over night, several coffee machines had appeared. Dark was leaning against the counter, sipping coffee from a mug. It read 'This is probably vodka' which made you chuckle to yourself. He smiled kindly when he saw you.
"Morning (Y/N). You get any sleep last night?" You grimaced. Even though he was speaking quietly, it felt like someone was pounding spikes into your head. Sighing, you placed a spare mug (this one read Blow me, I'm hot) in one of the coffee machines. It immediatley started brewing, the smell causing you to sigh in relief.
"Yeah, I think. I can't remember much and this hangover isn't helping."
"Guess that means you had fun though right? A hangover usually means that for me." Dark said shrugging and downing the rest of his coffee. You rolled your eyes, smiling at him. The machine bleeped, signaling that your coffee was ready. Picking up the mug, you blew on it and took a tentative sip. It was good.
"God, this is the best coffee I've ever had. Can I just take one of these home with me and Anti?" You joked as you drank more. Dark laughed quietly.
"Unfortunately, you can't. They won't make it through the portal but you're welcome to come down and get some coffee any time." You frowned, your brow furrowing.
"What do you mean they won't make it through?"
"They are a part of the house, therefore, they can't leave. It's some weird rule that came with this place. It's also why most of the alters live here, because they can get the best coffee and food this side of the underworld." Dark shrugged again and pushed himself off of the counter. "It's weird. I've lived here forever and I still don't know everything that this place can do." Sipping more of your delicious beverage, you raised an eyebrow at him.
"Aren't you supposed to be able to know everything that goes on in this place?" Dark shook his head.
"Nah, can't do that. Wish I could sonetimes though, I'm never able to tell where anyone is. There was this one time where Glitch and Sam got stuck on the roof for three days! No one realised they were up there and they couldn't get down because they'd climbed up through one of the chimneys. It wasn't until someone lit a fire that we found them." Dark laughed at the memory, his eyes sparkling with happiness. Suddenly, a great number of thumps was heard from the direction if the stairs, followed by a groan of pain. Worried, Dark and you made your way into the hallway to see Anti lying at the bottom of the stairs. You quickly made your way over to him, worried about his well being whilst Dark was doubled over with laughter.
"Oh my god! Anti are you ok? Did you break anything?" Hovering over him nervously, you carefully gripped his arms. He laughed himself as you helped pull him up.
"No, no I'm fine! We alters aren't that fragile!" To prove his point he flexed his arms, smirking at you.
"See? Plus one biceps." Dark scoffed at him and flexed his own arms.
"No way! These are plus one biceps!" Anti glared at Dark, then lunged forward and tackled him to the ground! They both rolled around for a while, throwing fake punches at eachother whilst you questioned why this seemed perfectly normal to you.
'Yep, just in a house in a separate dimesion watching two fan made characters fight. Totally normal!'

Anti and Dark finally seperated, helping eachother up.
"C'mon buddy! You gotta help me clean up now!" Anti groaned at Dark's command.
"But I'm still tired!" He whined. Dark ruffled his hair and pulled him along.
"You ain't getting out of it that easily, you caused half of this mess y'know." You smiled at them. They truly seemed like best friends.
"HEYA!" You jumped away from the sound, clutching your head.
"Please JG, don't be so loud! I have a killer headache." JG looked at you apologetically.
"Sorry. I forgot that humans get headaches. We alters don't get things like that as easily as you do." He patted your shoulder. "I'm sure it'll be gone by lunch!" He said brightly. You grumbled at him, poking your tongue out at him. He did the same and you both giggled at how silly the other looked.
"Hey, if you're up JG, then you need to help clean!" Dark's voice came from the other room. He huffed but started picking up the bottles littering the floor anyway.
"How come (Y/N) doesn't have to clean up?" He grumbled under his breath. Dark poked his head around the doorframe and glared at JG.
"Because they have a headache and you don't! Now c'mon and get cleaning properly! Either that or go wake up everyone else so they can help too!" JG jumped up and sprinted for the stairs, yelling at everyone to wake up as he went. Dark had started laughing.
"Oh man, everyone's going to be so pissed at him for waking them up!" He withdrew back into the room as a series of grumbling and annoyed alters came down the stairs.

After a few hours and at least 50 bin bags, everything was tidy again. A lot of alters had said goodbye and left whilst most just went back upstairs, probably to their rooms. Some stayed lounging around the living room and you could hear one of them yelling some sort of quiz show answer at the TV. Anti was saying his final goodbyes to Dark and it was as if they were never going to see eachother again. After another series of complicated handshakes, Anti stepped out of the door and held out his hand for you to grab. Gladly, you took it and stepped into the portal he had summoned on the porch.

Ok, so this is the last chapter I'm writing until next saturday. You can thank my best friend (who is 21Phanic) for the sudden influx of motivation. Now I'm actually going to try and keep a schedule for this thing. I'll post one chapter, maybe two, each weekend. Anyway, thanks for reading!